Anyone else worry about Wake and Jones? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worry about Wake and Jones?

They've been staying in California for the past week. They had the concerns from Irma (property, community).
Sometimes that type of stress takes its toll.
The entire team looked listless, especially in the 1st half.
For those who travel on business or are away from your own home/bed for an extended period of time, if you are like me you just feel exhausted.
I'm hoping that's the case for this team and we will see more energy this Sunday

for the record guys, I'm not giving up on them at all. That's why I asked for opinions instead of saying that they were done

Ozzy rules!!

Jones played fine, he'd play even better if he had a legit FS next to him, like i don't know, Derwin James :) LOOL

I'm far more concerned about some of the other guys on defense. Like the entire LB corps, and our corners just to name a few....FWIW I don't expect this defense to be noticeably better than last year's trainwreck, I can hope but I'm keeping my expectations low.

I mean Wake is 35, so at this point we would be foolish not to expect at least a bit of decline. Hayes was a hugely underrated signing for that reason. Jones looked find to me, the explosive plays will come .

I think we're fine.

I think the more Chase Allen plays the better he's going to get. He could be a steal as an undrafted free agent. Remember he ran like a 4.5 in the 40 and was a real productive LB.

I personally never worry about Wake...he's just that dam good.

Nate Allen is by far my biggest concern. He look completely lost at times yesterday, i have a feeling it is going to be rough before McDonald is back. Howard and Maxwell need to get it together because is not going to provide much help.

It's one game. No one panicked that Tom Brady had an off game in the opener for New England. He's 40. Cam Wake will have his games.

Certainly, has to be some concern about the pass defense, though. Rivers made it look awfully easy.

Fast forward a few weeks and this thread will be a good read when Wake has multi sack/pressure games and Jones has some more Pick Six flips into the endzone. It's only Week 2 of the season, and only our Week 1, we survived our first sloppy game and came out with a W. Have to temper early expectations.

Jones was everywhere, covering up for the deficiencies and brainfarts of his teammates .

People don't like to admit it but Wake is very up and down and always has been. He goes through stretches of low visibility ( by his std and of the league's top rushers) then bursts into life. Nothing really new.

Derwin James.... O man, I wish we would have a shot at him. Unless we trade up, I don't see how we can pull that one off.

James and Jones at safeties... That's what dreams/nightmares are made lol

i think burke is the reason jones didnt make alot of big plays. he played deep most of the game. He wasnt used to his strengths imo. Wake will be fine.... maybe if we stop dropping him in coverage, or putting him in man coverage vs allen. smh

Only time I have concern when it comes to Wake is when it's clear he is being held in a lot of games and it never gets called. That isn't something on his end though, just drives me crazy and I can't believe he doesn't really complain about it, just onto the next play.

Back
Top Bottom