Anyone get a look at Garappollo vs the Saints? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone get a look at Garappollo vs the Saints?

The saints stuffed the run, and Jimmy had one short throw taken to the house. He didn't have the usual weapons, so I wouldn't take anything away from that game

A couple of bad reads early but he got better...threw one ball vertical to the tight end down the field underthrown ball seemed to die in the air threw another ball late in his play where he tried to throw across his body late lucky he got away with it...thats always a no no but he doesnt have the arm to be trying to pull that stuff off

The ball seemed to have more on it timing routes outside the numbers than last year...no doubt a product of nfl offseason program core work

played with martellus bennett and nothing skill wise so that has to be taken into consideration

Keep in mind that this guy has some real game action under his belt and he was pretty bad.

I don't expect too much from him this season. When I was living in Mass, Pats fans were glorifying him as the next messiah. After a couple of conversations, I think the reality is sinking in that great QBs are a dime a dozen :lol:

I don't expect too much from him this season. When I was living in Mass, Pats fans were glorifying him as the next messiah. After a couple of conversations, I think the reality is sinking in that great QBs are a dime a dozen :lol:

Reality will set in for them sooner than later (hopefully).

Good, we can steal one from them with tom out and beat them with him in Miami. Buffalo should eat Garapolo for breakfast as well.

Not so sure about Buffalo. They are trying to give the season away.

Karlos Williams SUSPENDED, Jonathan Williams DUI, LeSean McCoy night club assault, IK Enemkpali OUT, Shaq Lawson OUT, Manny Lawson TORN PEC, starting left tackle OUT for preseason, Marcel Dareus SUSPENDED, Reggie Ragland OUT.

considering a majority of their "fan base" don't know the pats before Brady, yes it will.

Hopefully they don't suffer like Colts fans "suffered" for that one nightmarish year. Pretty much every division has at least one elite QB, odds are one will end up in the AFC East post-Brady. The problem for us is you aren't going to find one if you aren't even looking. The Bills could be in the same situation though I think Tyrod's ceiling is elite (low floor too though). So that leaves the Jets who will be looking. And the Patriots, who know more than anybody what it means to have an elite QB so they will be leaving no stone unturned in their hunt for the next elite QB.

There is a lot of luck in finding the elites but I would say the Patriots have a better than 50% shot at getting the next one in the division too. Our best hope is if Gase is a total disaster and we suffer some major injuries.

Not so sure about Buffalo. They are trying to give the season away.

Karlos Williams SUSPENDED, Jonathan Williams DUI, LeSean McCoy night club assault, IK Enemkpali OUT, Shaq Lawson OUT, Manny Lawson TORN PEC, starting left tackle OUT for preseason, Marcel Dareus SUSPENDED, Reggie Ragland OUT.

Jonathan Williams isn't a starter, although he been looking good. McCoy isn't facing ramifications from the night club fracas, either legal or with the league. Manny Lawson has been medically cleared to play IIRC, and Cordy Glenn will be back for the season opener while his absence will give Cyrus Koujandjio lots of reps at LT. Enemkpali, S Lawson, and Ragland being out sucks but manure happens, and it's nobody's "fault". Karlos Williams and Marcel Dareus. OTOH, are cement heads for sure, especially Dareus.

The offense will just have to carry more of the load early in the season. They looked ready in their only series last Saturday, manhandling Indy's starting D. It's been a long time since a Bills offense looked even close to decent in the preseason.

Jonathan Williams isn't a starter, although he been looking good. McCoy isn't facing ramifications from the night club fracas, either legal or with the league. Manny Lawson has been medically cleared to play IIRC, and Cordy Glenn will be back for the season opener while his absence will give Cyrus Koujandjio lots of reps at LT. Enemkpali, S Lawson, and Ragland being out sucks but manure happens, and it's nobody's "fault". Karlos Williams and Marcel Dareus. OTOH, are cement heads for sure, especially Dareus.

The offense will just have to carry more of the load early in the season. They looked ready in their only series last Saturday, manhandling Indy's starting D. It's been a long time since a Bills offense looked even close to decent in the preseason.

The Bills gained 18 yards on their first drive and only reached their own 40. If that's "looking ready" you guys are in for a long year.

Sit down and watch those snaps. He is not the next Brady.

Never said he was the next Tom Brady. But he wasn't very bad as stated. And all but four of his snaps came two years ago when he was a rookie. It's hard to really judge a guy on 27 passes thrown during his rookie season. I think our interpation of looking very bad is just different. I would say he looked OK especially for being a rookie seeing his first real action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom