Anyone see Coby Fleener's pro day? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone see Coby Fleener's pro day?

We had a pretty darn good wideout last year in Marshall. Think picking up a TE of Fleeners quality in the first, then WR and Pass rusher in 2nd, and another WR and OT in the 3rd.

Don't pick a QB until 5th round (seeing that Tannehill and Weeden are gone when we pick in 2nd.

Roll with our QBs this year and focus on drafting a 1st round QB next year. The value just isn't there at 8 this year.

We go after the best player to fit our system. Thats the way you build, if its a TE or WR, it don't matter as long as he play this upcoming season.

fleeners not as physical as gronk or even jimmy graham...he's much more finesse...i think his value falls somewhere in the 20-30 range...its hard to see him getting out of round 1 with how well he tested...but i don't see top 20 in the cards

fleeners not as physical as gronk or even jimmy graham...he's much more finesse...i think his value falls somewhere in the 20-30 range...its hard to see him getting out of round 1 with how well he tested...but i don't see top 20 in the cards

See, here's what I don't get. You have a guy who tests out with better numbers than the top-rated WR in the draft, and he's a capable blocker (obviously not great). He has soft hands, averaged like 20 YPC this last season, and he's coming from Stanford. A weapon like that gives you a lot of versatility, and he's explosive. I don't see how he falls in the 20-30 category.

when a guys that size he should impose his will on you...fleener doesn't use his hands all that well to create separation doesn't use his body enough to fend off defenders when the balls in the air...he plays the game down the field a lot like a rocked up wr to me...but he just comes off as soft down the field...use that strength and length to get defenders off balance use your hands coming out of breaks against tight coverage to create separation get body position on the opposition

as a blocker he's not great but he'll be fine there he can be split out wide and used like a wr to create mismatches against safeties etc there's no doubt he can be a major weapon with that catch radius and that speed and athleticism i would just like to see him put some of his physical tools to better use and play a game that matches his measurables and strength...

i don't think sayin top 20-30 is bashing a guy anyways...i just think top 10's a bit rich given what i see...

The prototypical top 10 TE is Vernon Davis and Fleener is not Vernon Davis. Unless we trade back no thanks at #8.

Back
Top Bottom