Anyone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone

DevinM said:
else think Cutler is overrated?

I think he is overated myself and I am sure we are gunna get blasted for this, But oh while thats the price of speaking your mind.

lol, im not saying hes a bad QB but I wouldnt go sacrificing picks for him to move up.

You guys pick up a QB like Kitna or someone equally servicable (Schaub/Volek....etc) your going to be a handful for any team.

Cutler....not so much. While in the long run he may be better then JP (arguable) he will need a year or two to sit. Hell most people believe Young will need AT LEAST a year+ to develop.

DevinM said:
lol, im not saying hes a bad QB but I wouldnt go sacrificing picks for him to move up.

You guys pick up a QB like Kitna or someone equally servicable (Schaub/Volek....etc) your going to be a handful for any team.

Cutler....not so much. While in the long run he may be better then JP (arguable) he will need a year or two to sit. Hell most people believe Young will need AT LEAST a year+ to develop.

Young will need at least one year to get his passing skills developed. I am just not High on Cutler and thats just the way I feel.

Im not to high on cutler

Id rather have Young or Croyle

I think they will be the best 2 QB's out of this draft

If he stays healthy he has the skill set to be really good

As much as people want to say this Draft Class has great QB's I think its kind of weak but has some depth

Leinart I dont think will be a great QB

Young could be special

Cutler maybe but like I said im not to high on him

Croyle needs to stay healthy

Whitehurst (sp) looks pretty good

Other than that it doesnt look like there are to many potential stars, of course there will be guys that come out of the draft in the 4th or 5th round and could suprise us and be really good, but just looking I see this year as kind of weak

Cutler is a very high quality QB. He's cut from a different cloth than a lot of the other QBs in this draft. When Saban was overheard to say that they would be doing pretty good to come out of this draft with Jay Cutler, I think he was just flat out telling the truth. We WOULD be doing pretty ok.

Overrated/underrated...hard to really say at this point because I'm not sure exactly where he's rated period. If you don't know where a player is rated you can't tell if he's over or underrated...and not to mention we're a little early in the process to be making that judgment anyway because we've still been presented incomplete pictures of the REST of the guys in the draft. And remember, this rating stuff is all relative. It's all fine and good to say a guy's not worth the number #5 pick in the draft, but if by some coincidence he happens to be better than all but 4 guys in the draft because the draft appears to be weak, then the reality is that he is indeed worth the #5 pick.

why does nobody even mention Drew Olson? Ever?
After Cutler, everyone jumps right into the Croyle/Whitehurst debate!

Because Drew Olson chokes whenever the cameras are rolling and he's playing a quality opponent that puts pressure on him to score points to win the game.

He may be the biggest choker not named Leaf that I've seen.

IMO he has the tools to be the best QB in the draft.

I think Young is over rated.

ckparrothead said:
Because Drew Olson chokes whenever the cameras are rolling and he's playing a quality opponent that puts pressure on him to score points to win the game.

He may be the biggest choker not named Leaf that I've seen.

well, I only saw him in the USC game, and he wasn't great there. Prior to that game, he had been getting a lot of hype (even some Heisman arguments). I started a new thread on this, and you can check the game stats from it. He trailed off the last two games of the year (stat-wise), but had pretty impressive games all season.

Back
Top Bottom