Anyone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone

ckparrothead said:
Because Drew Olson chokes whenever the cameras are rolling and he's playing a quality opponent that puts pressure on him to score points to win the game.

He may be the biggest choker not named Leaf that I've seen.

lol couldn't agree with you more... the Leaf brothers definitely take the cake on being the biggest chokers, olson's a quick 2nd when it comes to the big game & quality D's.

I think he deserves to go late in the first round....say, between 24-32. So in that sense, yeah I do think he's overrated.

There's a lot to like about him: great arm, quick release, very good athleticism. But there's also stuff that worries me. His decision making is questionable, and his accuracy is on and off. But he's an intriguing prospect to say the least.

Agree with you CK, overvalued-undervalued. Who really knows? I'm not sure I want him but that's cause I want someone to come in and make an immediate impact. On the other hand I want to have a franchise QB. No one knows who should really be number #1. If we went back to look BRady should of gone in the top five, Zach should of been top ten in his year. Fun to speculate though.

What I know about Jay Cutler is there aren't many quarterbacks that are in "the club" so to speak as far as top line physical skills. It's a lot more rare than you'd think.

It's also a little more rare than you'd think when a QB that isn't in the club becomes one of the best ever.

A team is going to take Cutler high because they'll be convinced he has about a 1 in 3 chance of being one of the great QBs of NFL history.

My thoughts on the QBs in the draft =

Vince Young = 2-3 years before he will start, he really needed to stay in one more year to perfect himself. But in order for him to suceed the entire system needs to be built around his abilities. Like atlanta did for Vick so he is a 3 year project for whomever drafts him at least. I dont know if he will even then suceed. My gut tells me he flops.

Matt Leinart = The most ready QB for the ground, alot of the NFL is about accuracy and he will do wonders. He is the ONLY QB I would trade up for in the draft. He will be a legit NFL QB, but never be a superstar.

Jay Cutler = He is hit or Miss this year really. He has the tools to be great, but he has never been great. He has never shown fully what he could do with those tools be it because of Vandy or other things. He is a legit number 1 prospect but I wouldnt trade up for him.

Brody Croyle = Injuries Injuries Injuries is the problem with him. He has an arm just as good as Cutlers but he has worse knees then Danny did. He also has a small frame and looks to be injury prone in the NFL. Could be worth a 2nd or early 3rd most likely.

Omar Jacobs = Amazing as a Junior QB for his team in the MAC. Which is a huge QB conference, but the downside is the competition there sucks really and honestly. He also has a pretty bad year this year. He has some injury concerns, he also has questions over his strange delivery. He could be a solid pick up in the 2nd to 3rd. Supposedly the Jets like him alot.

Charlie Whitehurst = A very accurate passer, that has an average arm and build for the NFL. He most likely will be a west coast passer really for a system. He could be a solid QB in the NFL but nothing special in my eyes, from what I have seen.

Olsen = He is a little bit small and really is a system QB. He could be solid enough and all, but really he played against bad conferences for all of his yards and points. He never did much against top competition. He is a 4-5th rounder

Grabowski = Is also a west coast passer. I think he could be a good jets pick up for them. A cheap young passer that is very accurate and doesnt have a great arm but great for the west coast passing game.

its hilarious that all you saying cutler is overrated most likely never even watched a game. and most of you saying croyles only problem is injuries, never watched him play either.

how can you think someone is overrated if youve never had a valid opinion?

Nappy Roots said:
its hilarious that all you saying cutler is overrated most likely never even watched a game. and most of you saying croyles only problem is injuries, never watched him play either.

Exactly, or basing their opinions solely on the Senior Bowl.

I have never seen Vanderbilt play on tv, so I just hope the "experts" are right about this guy....he could be great but he could also be a bust...I would take Leinart before Cutler. Croyle I could live with but not as a first rounder, same with Omar Jacobs....they are 2nd or 3rd rounders...we might be better off taking a LT.

ckparrothead said:
Because Drew Olson chokes whenever the cameras are rolling and he's playing a quality opponent that puts pressure on him to score points to win the game.

He may be the biggest choker not named Leaf that I've seen.

Serious question... how do we know that isn't all equally true of Cutler?

It's one of the problems when you try to evaluate a good player from a bad team.

We have little idea whether or not he will choke in big games, or be the kind of guy that finds a way to win. The little that we DO know is negative. A whole lot of people put reputations on the line that he would dominate the senior bowl... instead he choked. Now, I don't think the senior bowl is enough to judge him on at all.

But you have to evaluate Cutler with that huge question mark over his head. You just have to.

Nappy Roots said:

I guarantee you that most of the people here screaming for Cutler have as little or less experience with Cutler.

Myself, I am more concerned with questions around Cutler than negatives. There are reasons to be wary. Not to write him off, but to proceed with much more caution than most people on this board are using.

No, he goes to Michigan or USC and he is a higher pick, but since he goes to Vandy we have a shot

nopony said:
Serious question... how do we know that isn't all equally true of Cutler?

It's one of the problems when you try to evaluate a good player from a bad team.

We have little idea whether or not he will choke in big games, or be the kind of guy that finds a way to win. The little that we DO know is negative. A whole lot of people put reputations on the line that he would dominate the senior bowl... instead he choked. Now, I don't think the senior bowl is enough to judge him on at all.

But you have to evaluate Cutler with that huge question mark over his head. You just have to.

On the road, on national TV, in one of the most hostile stadiums in college football, he played pretty well against Florida.

Its all a matter of opinion in the end. No right or wrong answers. Its the NFL Gms that ultimately decide how any of these players are "rated".

Back
Top Bottom