Anyone | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone

SpeedRush99 said:
On the road, on national TV, in one of the most hostile stadiums in college football, he played pretty well against Florida.

But he lost, if I recall correctly.

It's one thing to excel in losing efforts with no expectations. Another thing entirely to win with huge expectations. We only have one game in which he was under a lot of pressure... and he bombed.

Again, I am not anti-Cutler. If Saban thinks he's the right guy, so be it. I'll root for him like crazy.

But in the context of his internet and media buzz, I think caution is called for, the hype has surpassed what we know about him.

SpeedRush99 said:
On the road, on national TV, in one of the most hostile stadiums in college football, he played pretty well against Florida.

Yeah he threw a 2 yard pass to a back-up Defense of back ( Reggie Lewis ) because the starter ( Vernell Brown ) Broke his Ankle in the game. That 2 yard pass in double overtime after the Gators just scored a Touchdown was picked off and the game ended. Yeah he played well I will give you that, But he lost the game for his team. Yes I know he does not play defense and blah blah blah. He threw a pass that he should have never thrown. I don't know if thats choking, But sounds like it to me. You can have a great game, But does it really matter if your Lose like that?

if the dolphins want Cutler they will be able to get him...he will drop

PhinSoldia said:
if the dolphins want Cutler they will be able to get him...he will drop
I agree. He is riding high right now and a lot of teams are talking a good game, but when push comes to shove, and it comes time for a team to spend a top 10 pick on him, I think they'll pass.

Caps said:
I agree. He is riding high right now and a lot of teams are talking a good game, but when push comes to shove, and it comes time for a team to spend a top 10 pick on him, I think they'll pass.

I would have said the same thing, But you are already proven wrong. Look at Phillip Rivers he was suppose to be there when we picked and we were gunna reach for him. Than Senior Bowl and combine. Then he I believe he went 3rd overall.

Skeet84 said:
Yeah he threw a 2 yard pass to a back-up Defense of back ( Reggie Lewis ) because the starter ( Vernell Brown ) Broke his Ankle in the game. That 2 yard pass in double overtime after the Gators just scored a Touchdown was picked off and the game ended. Yeah he played well I will give you that, But he lost the game for his team. Yes I know he does not play defense and blah blah blah. He threw a pass that he should have never thrown. I don't know if thats choking, But sounds like it to me. You can have a great game, But does it really matter if your Lose like that?

Some of your comments amaze me, as a gator fan would you expect the Gators to have to go into double OT, at the Swamp, to have to beat VANDERBILT?????? He put up 360 yards and 4 TDs against a top 10 defense in their house. Yet you wanna say he choked. Unreal.

nopony said:
But he lost, if I recall correctly.

It's one thing to excel in losing efforts with no expectations. Another thing entirely to win with huge expectations. We only have one game in which he was under a lot of pressure... and he bombed.

Again, I am not anti-Cutler. If Saban thinks he's the right guy, so be it. I'll root for him like crazy.

But in the context of his internet and media buzz, I think caution is called for, the hype has surpassed what we know about him.

Vandy has NEVER won at the Swamp, sure not the national championship, but still pretty high feat. Yes they lost, but truth is they would not have been even close to having a chance to win without him in the first place.

Skeet84 said:
I would have said the same thing, But you are already proven wrong. Look at Phillip Rivers he was suppose to be there when we picked and we were gunna reach for him. Than Senior Bowl and combine. Then he I believe he went 3rd overall.

Already proven wrong? How does one not-even-similiar players fate "prove" anything? Does Rodgers fate PROVE that Leinarts going to fall to 18th?

SpeedRush99 said:
Vandy has NEVER won at the Swamp, sure not the national championship, but still pretty high feat. Yes they lost, but truth is they would not have been even close to having a chance to win without him in the first place.

No one is saying he didn't play well in college, or even that game.

But the bottom line is he lost. He DIDN'T break Vandy's losing streak. He DIDN'T pull off an overtime comeback. He threw a pick and threw away the game.

Does that mean he sucks? No.

Does that mean he can't win the big game? Or cracks under pressure? No.

It means what I said to begin with... it's a giant question mark with him. And you have to take that into account.

SpeedRush99 said:
Some of your comments amaze me, as a gator fan would you expect the Gators to have to go into double OT, at the Swamp, to have to beat VANDERBILT?????? He put up 360 yards and 4 TDs against a top 10 defense in their house. Yet you wanna say he choked. Unreal.

That defense was not that great againist the Pass and it does not matter what his stats are for the game. The fact of the matter is he lost the game for Vanderbilt. If the running back fumbles ok then you can't blame him. If the WR did not catch the pass ok. He made a bad decision and it cost his team the game. I am saying he choked when the game was on the line. Yeah he had a Good game, But if Chris Leak has a great game and cost us a game then you only remeber the pick. Why is it any Different with Jay Cutler? I don't wanna remember the Guy that had a great game and lost it on a poor decision. I will take the guy that had an OK game and we won.

nopony said:
Already proven wrong? How does one not-even-similiar players fate "prove" anything? Does Rodgers fate PROVE that Leinarts going to fall to 18th?

That is totally Different. Rivers was suppose to be around where we were drafting and then he started to good and then he was the 3rd overall pick in the draft. Same as Cutler was suppose to be there when we pick and is already moving up and is going to continue to move up at the Combine.

Skeet84 said:
That defense was not that great againist the Pass and it does not matter what his stats are for the game. The fact of the matter is he lost the game for Vanderbilt. If the running back fumbles ok then you can't blame him. If the WR did not catch the pass ok. He made a bad decision and it cost his team the game. I am saying he choked when the game was on the line. Yeah he had a Good game, But if Chris Leak has a great game and cost us a game then you only remeber the pick. Why is it any Different with Jay Cutler? I don't wanna remember the Guy that had a great game and lost it on a poor decision. I will take the guy that had an OK game and we won.

I didnt see the game but reading all this I agree

Sure he played great all game, but when all the pressure was on it seems like he folded, its not like he threw a ball that got tipped by the reciever up in the air and run back for a TD, it seems like he made a poor choice and lost the game, now they probally wouldnt have been in the position to win if he wasnt there anyway, but that doesnt serve as an excuse

If he was the running back and fumbled at the one yard line we would blame him, if he was a WR who dropped a game winning pass we would blame him, and as the QB that made a poor decision and lost the game, stats are great, but at the end of the day all that matters is winning

Back
Top Bottom