are davone bess days numbered now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

are davone bess days numbered now?

wow do ppl know that gibson is not a slot Wr? he is a nice receiver to have we got him for depth.. ireland still might draft a Wr tho

If Bess could outrun any of our LB's in the 40 yard dash I would let him stay another year. To bad he has the speed of a DT because he really is a good rcvr.

I think the Dolphins will draft a slot receiver in the upcoming draft. One that is more of a scoring threat. There is just too much talent at receiver in this years draft and with Bess becoming a free agent next year, it's the smart thing to do. Bess will either stick around this season and play out his contract or will be traded for a late round pick.

The problem with Bess is that he's a liability on the outside. And when one of your starting outside WRs goes down with injury, you want your 3/4/5 WRs to be able to handle that spot.

In a world without injury, I agree that Bess should stay. But since injury is a NFL reality, we want our 3/4/5 WRs to be able to handle both outside and inside receiver positions when needed. Brandon Gibson, Rishard Matthews, and Ryan Swope are the type of 3/4/5 WRs that can be ok either outside or inside.

Bess commands over $3MM in cap space this year. There are 3-4 very good slot guys out there in the draft that are faster and cheaper than Bess. Most of those guys will be available in the later rounds as well. My money is Bess is gone.

I think we should keep him. We have Wallace to occupy and over the top safety and a bunch of pain in the asses underneath. I like it!!!

I like Bess has been the only thing clutch on the offense.

He's on the last year of his contract and we don't need the cap space. I'm betting they let him play out his contract and decide what they want to do next season.

Back
Top Bottom