Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are The Dolphins and Tua Further Apart Than People Think?

quite relevant, we have Tua for this years 20M option year.

Keep him at that number and see what happens with him, see if he can actually play to your number. Otherwise why pay? Are you Dolphin fan or a Tua fan first and foremost?

Wait and see what happens? I don’t the logic.

Are you waiting on the hope that Tua gets hurt or plays worse so you’re glad you didn’t sign him, or are you waiting on the hope that Tua plays the same or better so next opportunity to sign him is in a FA bidding war?

Wait and see what happens? I don’t the logic.

Are you waiting on the hope that Tua gets hurt or plays worse so you’re glad you didn’t sign him, or are you waiting on the hope that Tua plays the same or better so next opportunity to sign him is in a FA bidding war?
Actually hoping to see either one to be honest.

I want to KNOW if he is just another guy, or if he is THE guy. If he is the THE guy nobody really cares what the price is +/-5/10M per doesn't make alot of difference if the QB is kept over the next 10 years as the can just gets kicked down the road.

Signing a big long term contract to a guy is NOT the guy will hamstring the team for 3-5 years, look at DENVER and Wilson...

quite relevant, we have Tua for this years 20M option year.

Keep him at that number and see what happens with him, see if he can actually play to your number. Otherwise why pay? Are you Dolphin fan or a Tua fan first and foremost?
He is a Dolphin fan that understands the realities of what QB’s are paid

Many of us feel he has already played to that number

If he goes into 2024 on the 5th year option i think that's a sign Ross has Grier, Tua, and maybe even McDaniel on a make or break type of season.
I cannot see how Grier fathomably can come back if we're having similar discussions next off-season and the same may go for Tua.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tua follows a similar path as Kirk Cousins and plays on a franchise tag until it becomes unfeasible.

That’s irrelevant. There’s absolutely zero case for Miami to argue less then what Kirk got paid when Kirk is coming off injury, is 10 years older and has never lead the league in passing yards or rating. Zero case. If by some miracle he convinces Tua to take 45 then Grier is the Gm of the year.
as a dolphins fan, shouldn't you want them to sign tua for the lowest possible amount with the most favorable terms (including a way out in a few years to protect the team if things dont go as well as expected) it takes to get a deal done?

as a dolphins fan, shouldn't you want them to sign tua for the lowest possible amount with the most favorable terms (including a way out in a few years to protect the team if things dont go as well as expected) it takes to get a deal done?
Yes, but there can come a point where if one wants a kick a$$ car stereo you buy Blaupunkt, not Krako under dash mount 8 track.

The numbers thrown around are huge but in reality, most are talking about, roughly, a 10% difference between the high and low, when the cap increases substantially more than that every year.

I would rather let him play on his 5th year option but I think they are going to get a deal done sometime after June 1 and we see how much cap space we have after the X money becomes available and we see what more we have to do in Free Agency.

Yes, but there can come a point where if one wants a kick a$$ car stereo you buy Blaupunkt, not Krako under dash mount 8 track.

The numbers thrown around are huge but in reality, most are talking about, roughly, a 10% difference between the high and low, when the cap increases substantially more than that every year.
well that brings back memories. i had one of those pull out alpines that you could hide so nobody could steal it

Back
Top Bottom