Are you a combine fool? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are you a combine fool?

finfan54 said:
his senior bowl practices are what made his stock go up. then he basically blew the game somewhat. Kiper says he was at the senior bowl all week and said the hype is just that, hype. He is not saying, as am i, that Cutler is not bad and will probably be a good QB, but the hype is just way too much. for once, I couldnt agree more with Mel Kiper in my entire life. Mayock i understand already has his marriage certificate done with the town hall and is set to marry jay soon.
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

arsenal said:
so youve had a chance to evaluate each player individually in every game tihs season and seen whos faster, stronger, better feet, quicker, etc etc?

or is the combine a chance to put everyone together, and see how they measure up to each other... its a great evaluation tool, of course you shouldn't put all stock into what they do at the combine... but you definately dont put zero stock either...

I don't really feel how fast a guy runs in a T-shirt and shorts will transfer over to game day.

I feel that for the most part the combine is overratted. the drills these players are put through are not game situations. How fast you run in a T-shirt and shorts is completely different to how your going to run on your 30th carry of the game in 100 degree heat with a 300lb person chasing you.

Also what is the deal with players going to the combine and not doing anything? if these drills are so important participation should be mandatory for the draft. but those are just my feelings about it.

combine

KingCrowder said:
I don't really feel how fast a guy runs in a T-shirt and shorts will transfer over to game day.

I feel that for the most part the combine is overratted. the drills these players are put through are not game situations. How fast you run in a T-shirt and shorts is completely different to how your going to run on your 30th carry of the game in 100 degree heat with a 300lb person chasing you.

Also what is the deal with players going to the combine and not doing anything? if these drills are so important participation should be mandatory for the draft. but those are just my feelings about it.

Very over-rated...I guess thats why all teams are represented at the combine...and I'm positive that Nick Saben (and all the other coaches)would waste a few days out of
there busy schedule to spend time on"vacation" at the combine.

miamiron said:
Very over-rated...I guess thats why all teams are represented at the combine...and I'm positive that Nick Saben (and all the other coaches)would waste a few days out of
there busy schedule to spend time on"vacation" at the combine.

There have been more players who became busts who stock rose based on the combine more so than what they did on the field. Also every team is represented because there are trade talks and other things that happen there.

miamiron said:
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

what you disagree? Mayock is in absolute love with jay.:rolleyes2

KingCrowder said:
There have been more players who became busts who stock rose based on the combine more so than what they did on the field. Also every team is represented because there are trade talks and other things that happen there.
The coaches and general managers that based their draft solely on what a player does at the combine are usually the ones who gets fired.
Teams don't need to go to the combine for trade talks and other things. The teams talk trades all the time.

Its a verification of what they already know that has transpired on the field and also a way to wake up to those you dont know about and you can dig deaper into who they are. i think the combine is a way to investigate but if you base everything on the combine (Jay Cutler as an example) you can find that the hype doesnt match the reality by far. So many other players who are not known will have a bigger impact than the few who are mentioned ten times every day!

finfan54 said:
Its a verification of what they already know that has transpired on the field and also a way to wake up to those you dont know about and you can dig deaper into who they are. i think the combine is a way to investigate but if you base everything on the combine (Jay Cutler as an example) you can find that the hype doesnt match the reality by far. So many other players who are not known will have a bigger impact than the few who are mentioned ten times every day!

What is your basis for that statement?

mayock has said cutler is the best QB in the draft the entire season. the combine had nothing to do with his opinion.

Back
Top Bottom