South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DRAFT RUN DMC
TRADE RONNIE

---------------------AGE-------Height-----Weight-----40-time-----Surgeries

Ronnie Brown------26----------6'0---------232---------4.43-------Hand/ACL
Darren McFadden--21----------6'2---------215---------4.33----------Toe

I still believe Ronnie's top 5 in the league, but I also believe McFadden can eventually enter those ranks as well.

He's a hell of a lot younger than Ronnie.

We do this and we have an elite running back for 4 years longer than if we don't.

He's a lot faster than Ronnie.

Darren is way better at scoring touchdowns than Ronnie. It's part of his talent. You don't say that about Ronnie. Ronnie doesn't have a nose for the endzone.

I could be wrong, though. Ronnie breaks tackles better than anyone in the league and I don't really think breaking tackles will be Darren's forte.

But Ronnie hasn't played 16 games yet.

Darren's so young and healthy. Those fresh little legs of his ran an unofficial 4.27 today.

We can have this guy on our team. We have the top pick.

GAMEBREAKER

I doubt we do this, though.

If we could move Ronnie for a late first, or if we have the guts to take them both this year and trade Ronnie next year, maybe. But I doubt it.

The case should not to compete against each other to to COMPLEMENT each other.

If they keep the #1 pick. I would be happy with DMF
I would also be happy with
Long, Dorsey, Long, Ellis, Ghoulston and Ryan
I would prefer not to take Jake Long beacuse of the Depth of the OL in this draft. I think we can better value OL in the 2nd then DL in the 2nd.

DRAFT RUN DMC
TRADE RONNIE

---------------------AGE-------Height-----Weight-----40-time-----Surgeries

Ronnie Brown------26----------6'0---------232---------4.43-------Hand/ACL
Darren McFadden--21----------6'2---------215---------4.33----------Toe

I still believe Ronnie's top 5 in the league, but I also believe McFadden can eventually enter those ranks as well.

He's a hell of a lot younger than Ronnie.

We do this and we have an elite running back for 4 years longer than if we don't.

He's a lot faster than Ronnie.

Darren is way better at scoring touchdowns than Ronnie. It's part of his talent. You don't say that about Ronnie. Ronnie doesn't have a nose for the endzone.

I could be wrong, though. Ronnie breaks tackles better than anyone in the league and I don't really think breaking tackles will be Darren's forte.

But Ronnie hasn't played 16 games yet.

Darren's so young and healthy. Those fresh little legs of his ran an unofficial 4.27 today.

We can have this guy on our team. We have the top pick.

GAMEBREAKER

I doubt we do this, though.

If we could move Ronnie for a late first, or if we have the guts to take them both this year and trade Ronnie next year, maybe. But I doubt it.

No one would be stupid enough to touch Ronnie,he is so injury prone you could break the mans hand by shaking it....

And even if we could move him,i doubt it will be for a first day pick....

Ronnie Brown is a proven top 5 runningback.Mcfadden isnt even the best runningback at the combine, and with his style and skinny lower body will be lucky to last 5 years in the league

It's not straight speed that makes a running back...McFadden doesn't break tackles...he can't run between the tackles...and I for one would rather have a running back like K. Smith who ran for over 2500 yds, can make defenders miss him and has great vision. 5.7 yds a carry after 450 carries is outstanding...and 29 tds isn't bad either.

It's not straight speed that makes a running back...McFadden doesn't break tackles...he can't run between the tackles...and I for one would rather have a running back like K. Smith who ran for over 2500 yds, can make defenders miss him and has great vision. 5.7 yds a carry after 450 carries is outstanding...and 29 tds isn't bad either.

I'd be willing to drop the 32nd on K. Smith if we don't select Run DMC with the first choice, but I doubt he'll last that long after running, what was it, in the low 4.4s? I imagine teams like that 40 time combined with well over 2,000 yards rushing this past year and all that fantastic game film.

He played scrubs, though. McFadden scored a touchdown on 4th down in overtime versus the National Champions. And he ran an unofficial 4.27.

Maybe he can learn how to run harder and survive some contact. Wouldn't he be great if he learned that?

I think McFadden will be just like Reggie bush is in the NFL both Great RBs in college and when they get to the pros there not as good as they thought they were and i didnt relize that 21 was a HELL of alot younger then 26

I'd be willing to drop the 32nd on K. Smith if we don't select Run DMC with the first choice, but I doubt he'll last that long after running, what was it, in the low 4.4s? I imagine teams like that 40 time combined with well over 2,000 yards rushing this past year and all that fantastic game film.

He played scrubs, though. McFadden scored a touchdown on 4th down in overtime versus the National Champions. And he ran an unofficial 4.27.

Maybe he can learn how to run harder and survive some contact. Wouldn't he be great if he learned that?

It is much more than just learning with Dmac.

He is built VERY small south of the beltline, and runs very upright. He is going to take quite a beating in pros....

I really don't care who he played against ...2500 plus yds is outstanding...only 61 yds from beating Barry Sanders record. Smith had far less to play with than McFadden did...in fact one could say that Smith was the offense for the knights.

i didnt relize that 21 was a HELL of alot younger then 26

When you see runningbacks playing from about age 22 to age 29 before they become ineffective (7 years), on average, I do believe 5 years is a HELL of a lot, no?

I mean, am I missing something here? Did you think I meant a HELL of a lot in terms of them both living their lives to the ripe old ages of 90+?

No, I meant in the context of football careers.

I really don't care who he played against ...2500 plus yds is outstanding...only 61 yds from beating Barry Sanders record. Smith had far less to play with than McFadden did...in fact one could say that Smith was the offense for the knights.

Kevin Smith was outstanding this past season, I don't deny that.

Back
Top Bottom