Argument For McFadden | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Argument For McFadden

I'd be willing to drop the 32nd on K. Smith if we don't select Run DMC with the first choice, but I doubt he'll last that long after running, what was it, in the low 4.4s? I imagine teams like that 40 time combined with well over 2,000 yards rushing this past year and all that fantastic game film.

He played scrubs, though. McFadden scored a touchdown on 4th down in overtime versus the National Champions. And he ran an unofficial 4.27.

Maybe he can learn how to run harder and survive some contact. Wouldn't he be great if he learned that?
K. Smith ran for 217 against NC St, 149 against Texas, 147 against East Carolina, 175 against Southern Miss and 119 against Miss St.

McFadden is worrying people at the combine. Apparently more off field issues, he has told teams the only baggage he is bringing is his duffle. But they have investigated him, 4 kids, 4 different mothers. Lots of hoodlum friends & he likes to mouth off at bars in Arkansas. You think he's ready for South Beach?? Hopefully some other teams eyes glaze over for him he's another Reggie Bush.

It is much more than just learning with Dmac.

He is built VERY small south of the beltline, and runs very upright. He is going to take quite a beating in pros....

yeah, added to the fact that he is worthless if he doesn't beat everybody to the outside.

stay away from this dude. we have a RB in brown.

McFadden is worrying people at the combine. Apparently more off field issues, he has told teams the only baggage he is bringing is his duffle. But they have investigated him, 4 kids, 4 different mothers. Lots of hoodlum friends & he likes to mouth off at bars in Arkansas. You think he's ready for South Beach?? Hopefully some other teams eyes glaze over for him he's another Reggie Bush.

Do you have a link for that? Cause I havent heard anythng like that at all.

Funny, RB is the very last position I'm concerned about on this team.

I think it's so pathetic that every one sees he ran a 4.27 or something in shorts on the 1st try and now every one want to draft him 1st overall. Football isn't just about running the fastest in shorts, maybe it is for track and field or something. you have to be able to break tackles along with break away speed. Mcfadden won't be able to break tackles in the NFL if he wasn't known for that in college, like said before, see Reggie Bush.
I hate to say it but remember Ricky back in the 02/03 and 03/04 seasons? That's what I want in a running back. He would run people over, smash them with a stiff arm, he put a juke on or his classic spin move and when in the open he would break loose for the endzone. Ronnie has a bit of that in him. That's what you want. Man, I miss Ricky back in the day! I know he's flaky but he was awesome!

Do we NEED a RB? No. of course not. We have Ronnie Brown, who played very good at times last season (even though he did nothing the first 2 or 3 games). Is he a top 5 RB? I don’t think so. You can make the argument that he would’ve been better than the guys I will list now if he never got injured, but I can make that same argument for some of these guys because they were injured as well. LT, Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, Joseph Addai, Adrian Peterson. That’s 5 guys who I believe are better than Ronnie Brown. If you disagree because LJ and/or SJ were doing bad before they got injured, that’s fine. Your point is valid. But I do not believe Ronnie Brown is better than those guys imo, and im a fin fan mind you. Im just a realistic fan compared to the very optimistic ones, mainly on this board. Ronnie Brown is fragile in my opinion, I don’t see him single handedly winning us any games.

Now to my main point, ive seen this time and time again from us Dolphins fans. We get Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller and all of the sudden were a playoff team with a revamped offense. There both gone after 1 season. We pick Ted Ginn 9th overall in last years draft to the disapproval of MANY dolfans, and suddenly hours later more and more optimistic threads start appearing on this message board talking about how maybe picking Ted Ginn wasn’t a bad idea. WRONG. We love to listen and believe what the front office and the media tells us is right, and im sick of it. Forget what they say why we shouldn’t get McFadden, think about the reasons why we SHOULD get McFadden.

Now I know nobody can predict the future, but I cant help but feel that if we pass up on a game breaking RB like Darren McFadden when we have the chance to, we will be kicking ourselves once again. Is D. Mac the next LT or AP? I don’t know. Nobody does. BUT if he does turn out to be the next of those players, our offense automatically becomes 10x better. The Minnesota Vikings had a bunch of no-name WRs and Tarvaris Jackson at QB for God’s sake, and they were making a push for the playoffs towards the middle/end of the season last year, mainly because of Adrian Peterson. AP single handedly won the Vikings games last year, including the game against SD (a playoff team) and against CHI (last years superbowl runner-up). AP alone made his team that much better, and I think McFadden can do the same for our Dolphins.

Now im not completely against going for what we NEED in this draft. BUT I will say this, if we pass up on Darren McFadden this draft, and he ends up scoring 15-20+ TDs (and throwing for some as well, LT style) 2 years from now, we will be kicking ourselves saying “we passed on THAT guy to draft Chris Long or ____insert name here____ because we already had Ronnie Brown.†We would have passed up on the next LT who would single handedly help us win a few games, and be the face of the franchise for YEARS to come, because hes not what we “needed.â€

I don’t know how you guys feel about it, but that’s my opinion, and I hope some of you understand/agree.

Back
Top Bottom