Arizona & Leinart? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona & Leinart?

Mr.Majestik said:
Norm Chow isn't making the selections in Tennessee. Jeff Fisher isn't making the selections in Tennessee. Floyd Reese, the guy that took Pac-Man Jones instead of Antrell Rolle is making the selections in Titan Town. He was inexplicably infatuated with Young. Now Reese can watch, if he's not fired first, as Young struggles for the next three years.

And you're going to tell me that Reese did'nt talk to Norm Chow 1st:shakeno:. Chow made this pick as much as anybody did, and I gaurantee you that Chow knows Lienart MUCH better than anybody on this site... MUCH BETTER.
I think he went about where he should. I think it is Leinart who will struggle. He is SUPER-LOADED with talent, but the playing field is much more even than it was in College.

azfinfanmang said:
And you're going to tell me that Reese did'nt talk to Norm Chow 1st:shakeno:. Chow made this pick as much as anybody did, and I gaurantee you that Chow knows Lienart MUCH better than anybody on this site... MUCH BETTER.
I think he went about where he should. I think you are the one that is gonna see Leinart struggle. He is SUPER-LOADED with talent, but the playing field is much more even than it was in College.

Plus, put Leinart on any other college team, does he still get a Heisman and finish 3rd for another and get 2 national titles and appear in a third, and be projected as a first round pick then a top 5 pick?

I say no, if he didn't have Bush, White, Smith, Jarrett etc etc he wouldn't have done all that. Defenses had so many things to prepare for that there was BOUND to be holes for Leinart to do some good things. If they didn't have to respect the run, or if he didn't have the star WRs/TE he wouldn't have had so much hype.

Agent51 said:
Plus, put Leinart on any other college team, does he still get a Heisman and finish 3rd for another and get 2 national titles and appear in a third, and be projected as a first round pick then a top 5 pick?

I say no, if he didn't have Bush, White, Smith, Jarrett etc etc he wouldn't have done all that. Defenses had so many things to prepare for that there was BOUND to be holes for Leinart to do some good things. If they didn't have to respect the run, or if he didn't have the star WRs/TE he wouldn't have had so much hype.

Not to mention (Remember I live in PAC-10 country) the PAC-10 is not a good defensive conference. Leinart will be a solid QB, he won't be great. I think he WILL make more plays than mistakes, and that is 1 thing that helps win games.... But he still has to prove to me that he can go up against solid defenses week after week and produce. I dont think he will. JMHO

azfinfanmang said:
Not to mention (Remember I live in PAC-10 country) the PAC-10 is not a good defensive conference. Leinart will be a solid QB, he won't be great. I think he WILL make more plays than mistakes, and that is 1 thing that helps win games.... But he still has to prove to me that he can go up against solid defenses week after week and produce. I dont think he will. JMHO

He wasn't putting up huge numbers in the Rose Bowl, when he went up against a great defense. I think Bush AND Leinart (and I guess the whole USC offense) really benifited from the weak PAC-10 defenses.

Leinhart will probably take #7. That was his H.S. number.

As for Chow passing on him, #1, it was not his choice! #2, it is fact that Fisher and Chow both wanted Matt, and Reese wanted Young. I guess management wins out!

Chow isn't the GM or owner. He would have taken Matt. Is Mularky going to be picking for the Dolphins in the first round? Matt made out like a thief in this deal. In an offense that fits him, in a warm place, doesn't have to play in NO, Nashiville, or in NY. Yes he lost out on some initial money, but by his contract, he will make some of that back.

KCPhin said:
Chow isn't the GM or owner. He would have taken Matt. Is Mularky going to be picking for the Dolphins in the first round? Matt made out like a thief in this deal. In an offense that fits him, in a warm place, doesn't have to play in NO, Nashiville, or in NY. Yes he lost out on some initial money, but by his contract, he will make some of that back.

If Mularky just got finished coaching the kid for 4 years, and it was the position we were picking, you bet I do. You have got to be kidding me, right?:shakeno:. I know some GM's are a little thick, but you are just kidding right? This wasnt Granny Davis in Oakland we are talking about here.

Red Baron said:
Leinhart will probably take #7. That was his H.S. number.

As for Chow passing on him, #1, it was not his choice! #2, it is fact that Fisher and Chow both wanted Matt, and Reese wanted Young. I guess management wins out!

How do you know that Chow and Fisher wanted Matt. I want a thread or column stating this..:shakeno:
Fisher was on Jim Rome day before yesterday and he was pimping Young like crazy.

Great Pick for Arizona, what a steal. Hopefully Kurt will be able to teach Matt a thing or 2 this year.

azfinfanmang said:
How do you know that Chow and Fisher wanted Matt. I want a thread or column stating this..:shakeno:
Fisher was on Jim Rome day before yesterday and he was pimping Young like crazy.
It was common knowledge here in Nashville.

It's not worth my effort. Go to the tennessean.com and you'll find 10 or so articles that infer the Fisher/Chow affinity for Leinart.

Re:

azfinfanmang said:
Then you'll need to look no further then John Clayton's column on the draft's first day winners and losers on ESPN.com. He reports that Fisher and Chow wanted Leinart and Bud Adams wanted Young.

Philter25 said:
Good spot for Leinart........Leinart's decision to stay in school pretty much cost him what, 20 something million?

At least 20-25 million, on the flip side. Hes going to a much better team talent wise, playing his home games in a controlled environment, and gets to sit at least 1 game(Warner will get injured again).

I guess if you can reconcile the loss of 20 million with the possibility winning a lot more games at Arizona it's worth it.

IMO, I won't suprised if hes the starter and makes a run at rookie of the year. Simply due to injuries and the talent at the other positions.

he is right. chow and fisher wanted leinart. reese wanted young. even owner wanted young.

the GM chooses the players in that franchise so reese got young.

its really simple people.

in our organization, saban has final say. in theirs its reese.

Back
Top Bottom