arizona state @ oregon state

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by kastofsna120, Sep 24, 2005.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

on in a few minutes on TBS. tune it to watch sam keller :D and MIKE HASS, WR for oregon state

2. idaho

idaho Seasoned Veteran

I don't need to watch mike hass to know that kid is something special. He had 300 yards recieving against Boise State last year and some where around 200 yards this year. The kid is amazing. I don't kown how he does it. He isn't fast or strong or big he just catches the ball. I think he walked on at Oregon State and now owns most recieving records there.

3. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

TD arizona state. great play by keller. i'll get it online in a minute

4. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

5. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

beautiful long pass to hagan on play fake. great decision making for keller tonight

6. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

7. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

keller just threw a long pump n go bomb to hagan. perfect

8. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

great first half for keller. ASU leads 14-3 right now. keller has made great decisions and excellent passes. very quick release, and hits the out pass as well as anyone out there. not too many passes down the middle, but losing zach miller is going to hurt that aspect of the offense

9. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

i may compile every pass keller attempts in this game into one video. everyone will have a new favorite at QB. he got injured in this game earlier; he twisted his ankle and came up limping. he stayed in the game and has done great. just converted a huge 3rd down and threw a perfect pass in the back of the endzone for a TD. great player

10. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

I don't understand your critiquing of QB's mechanics Kastofsna. Keller's mechanics are worse than Palko's & you love Keller. His left arm clears out from in front of his body less than Palko's right arm does. Keller tips his throws the ball by patting it once before his release. He has a wind up release similar to Palko except their release point are different, Keller's is more of a 3/4 sling. I hope he fixes his release point in the future.

Your bias has been exposed.

Personally I like both QBs, their my two favorite draft eligible QBs, but Palko has the least mechanical problems.

11. SMadison29

What a catch by Hass.

12. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

:lol::rofl3::lol::rofl3: are you kidding me? seriously, is this a joke? keller's mechanics worse than palko? lol....and my bias? why in the world would i have a bias for either one of them in either a positive or negative way?

13. SMadison29

Everyone has their favorites. Clearly I'm right because you didn't refute any of my critique on Keller's mechanics.

14. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

why should i? you're completely wrong on palko's mechanics, and you're wrong on keller's. how in the world you can say keller holds his arm out in front of him and palko doesn't is beyond me. keller's mechanics aren't great, but they're 10 times better than palko's. and his footwork and "shoulderwork" is better. i guess your bias has been exposed? or maybe you just don't know much about mechanics

15. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

it's pretty surreal seeing the look on the son's face as he looks at his dad who got hurt there....

16. SMadison29

I'm wrong on Keller's? WTF Keller are you watching? He doesn't tip his passes with a ball tap? He doesn't wind up & fling it 3/4?

The both clear out their opposite throwing arms but Keller doesn't as much as Palko. The perfect example of this is in the two pass plays you posted above. He barely moves his opposite arm. Palko's is usually straight out towards the receiver.

Yeah, right. :lolcry:

Shoulder work? Just because most of Keller's playaction passes are to his opposite side & he has to turn around that means he has better shoulder work? Get the hell out of here. You're trying to hard. Simply put you have no idea what good mechanics are but don't worry, I'll teach throughout the season.

17. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

i don't care about the tip. that can be fixed pretty easily. that's really even a problem as much as it's a habit
    palko's arm is down and front of his body. keller's is down and to his side, facing the receiver. it's too low, granted, but palko's interferes with his throwing. keller's doesn't
    your bias is clear
    lol, i'd love to see where i said that was the reason his shoulderwork is great. he puts his shoulders and body into his throws, palko doesn't. yeah he does have good playaction passes, but i never mentioned that. sounds like you're trying too hard to find faults in what i'm saying

btw, i know you accuse me of not liking palko's mechanics based on your sig pic. check this out

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...te:forums.football.com&hl=en&client=firefox-a

a post i made on football.com back in february. whether my opinion on palko's mechanics is "wrong" or not, it's pretty obvious i haven't liked his mechanics from day 1

18. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

oh btw, another excellent touchdown by keller. and jamal lewis has dropped two great passes in the game

19. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

:eek: keller and hagan.....not bad

20. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

21. SMadison29

How's my bias clear? I love them both. I was probably one of the first people (if not the first) to mention Sam Keller on this board.

Yep:
    August 31st http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=93695&page=2&pp=15&highlight=keller

August 21st http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=91713&highlight=keller

& your imaginary opposite arm thing with Palko can't?

That's cool. At least you're not wishy washy on him, but again Keller's are worse.

22. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

:lol: never did i think someoen would not only defend palko's mechanics but actually have the balls to say he has GOOD mechanics. you're brave, if nothing else

your palko bias is evident, not your keller bias

23. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

i can't believe some people don't think hass will be a good receiver in the NFL. he's a complete player

24. SMadison29

What do I need to post game film like you do, an S-Video cable? I want to make sure you're watching the same Tyler Palko as I am because you're flat wrong about him.

My critique is unbias. I gave the truth about both their mechanics, both the good & the bad & didn't dismiss the bad by saying it's a habit & can be fixed. No kidding, it's all habit & can all be fixed.

25. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

you'll need a card to capture it. i got an ATI TV Wonder Pro. was like 50 bucks at best buy
    there's a difference between something that can be fixed and something that needs a serious overhaul. aaron rodgers' ball position before he throws the ball can easily be fixed. jason campbell's wide arc throwing motion would take a ton of work to get right

26. SMadison29

They look like they're only for desktop pcs. I own two HP laptops.

27. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

28. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I think Keller and Hagan will be playing at the next level...I also love to watch Moey Mutz!!!

GO SUN DEVILS

ASU ALUM CLASS OF '92