Arizona State's DT Will Sutton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona State's DT Will Sutton

i'm not sure but if he is a senior like i think he is this year (maybe he's a redshirt junior) i think sutton will eat any interior lineman put across from him in one on ones senior bowl week for lunch...that dudes too damn quick and too explosive

he ate cals oline for lunch single handedly beat them by himself (and i'm not even joking) and that line had brian schwenke a pretty good looking prospect and draft talent in his own right in the pivot

i get that he's undersized but so was geno atkins...and i think while atkins is more powerful and brute a player this kids pass rush talents short area lateral quickness and agility and quickness into gaps is pretty stellar...and once he gets in the backfield he's got you...hard kid to get away from once he's clean

I think he's veering off the prototype path at a pretty steady clip nowadays. He's always said there are some positions he cares about it because if you look historically the position is just that tightly bound to the prototypes, and he's also said there are positions where the prototype doesn't seem that tightly bound to performance.

I think you look at Geno Atkins and then you look at Aaron Donald and you see the same type of player. I think you look at Will Sutton and you do see some Warren Sapp.
That's good news because Sutton would seem to be a perfect fit opposite Solai if the Dolphins keep him over Starks. At least initially, Miami could use Sutton on passing downs. I do see some Warren Sapp in his game.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

a 5th round grade on will rolling ball of butcher knives sutton is assanine...
I could see him falling to R2 because of lack of size, but even that seems like a stretch. Round 5 is ridiculous unless he has a major injury.

yeah sf he's gonna get dinged for his size...no doubt...but i don't really care...he's too productive and flashes too many talents...make him a nickle interior rusher early (ie starks replacement if we let him walk) and i think he does work for you...and eventually works his way into more snaps...

Back
Top Bottom