Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

My point is that Columbo was plan B due to inuries, yet you keep insinuating this was Ireland's plan A. Columbo was the backup. What a surprise....a backup played like a backup.

Murtha was plan a , thats a horrible plan so what are you talking about. Murtha and Columbo both not good tackles

colombo off his final year in dallas tape should have never been in the plan period...i don't care if it was waterboy...that dude was dreadful...before he came to miami...

i think irelands one for one so far this offseason...tagging starks given the # on a dt i think was the right call...not tegging sean smith or jake long or reggie bush or god forbid brian hartline again the right call...and not spending heavily on our own free agents to date to retain them another smart move imo...

but if he trades jared odrick and sells low for a like 4th round compensation that will drop his grade...and i hope he now knows given what dwayne bowe signed for before free agency and a possible bidding war mike wallace commands $60 mil in free agency and i bet greg jennings cost more than $8 mil per now...better open up that check book and come correct

Im not sure I would call it one for one. He signed Starks for 8 million. I would call that ok not exactly a win since he could not get an actual contract agreement. Now when he gets an agreement maybe it is a win if not its more like meh

Competent backup = AllPro?

You weren't.

Generally, the competent linemen hold starting positions.

And yes, every time you make me an offer of a broken down ferrari or a mazda, I'll take the ferrari every time.

Now if you were actually interested in talking football instead of pretending like you know something about cars, we could have a discussion. But I don't think you actually come to this board to talk about football.

We overpaid for Dansby. He's been a good player but there's no doubt we overpaid, given he's scheduled to make $3 million more than Patrick Willis over the next two years (both deals were signed in 2010). It's often what happens when a guy signs for the first team he visits in free agency. You have to overpay.

Now, as for the more obvious failures. We gave Jake Grove $14 million guaranteed (for which he delivered a total of 12 games). Justin Smiley got $9 million guaranteed (for 15 games). Gibril Wilson likewise got $9 million guaranteed (he played in all 16 games -- unfortunately). Does somebody want to argue there were other teams knocking down the door to sign these guys? 'Cause I could use a nice laugh.

Richard Marshall is just the latest in a long line of **** covered breadcrumbs. But then, there are people will tell you this was Ireland's first year with the team so the history of such incompetence isn't relevant. :lol:

Don't forget Colombo at RT --- of all of the Ireland moves only the Long over Ryan (or Flacco) pick has angered me more.

Generally, the competent linemen hold starting positions.

True fans don't talk about our backups that way. You're not a true fan.

And yes, every time you make me an offer of a broken down ferrari or a mazda, I'll take the ferrari every time.

Are you one of those guys who likes to ride a bike to work? 'Cause I like driving, personally.

Now if you were actually interested in talking football instead of pretending like you know something about cars, we could have a discussion. But I don't think you actually come to this board to talk about football.

I love talking about football. As soon as you start talking about it, I'll join in.

A predictable "inurie", though, given Murtha's inurie history, which is the reason he's now out of the league. Ireland absolutely deserves the blame for having ****ty toilet water as a backup plan.

Inurie.

tumblr_likzkvXhLf1qa449j-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom