Armon Binns could force his way into the Miami receiver rotation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armon Binns could force his way into the Miami receiver rotation

Can't lie, I'm getting sick of hearing about Binns. Sure hope he still pops when the pads come on.

He's looked great in practice, but he hasn't looked great in actual games.

I think this is a sign that our WR corps is not as improved as everyone thinks. Binns would be borderline or cut on a team with a good WR corps, but for us...he is the one standing out in OTA's. He shouldn't be...Mathew or Gibson should be stepping up, but they are not.

All signs so far point to him making an impact up to this point. Let's see what the preseason brings.
all my stocks I invested in looked real good the day I bought them.shall wait and see

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

must admit I was not a big fan of his when he kept dropping passes.
it was Ted Binns JR.all over again

I think another factor this thread is not taking into account is how much better we are with Keller @ TR compared to Fasano

I like binns, I think in the long run, he and Mathews will unseat Gibson. but it doesn't have to be this year. they just have to show improvement

i could CARE LESS about ANY name thats on the back of a jersey.

show me the guy who gets in the endzone CONSISTANTLY, heck, just get in once in a while and thats my guy.

the rest is ALL HYPE which there seems to be a whole lot of and WAY to early with this team right now.

i gotta see it. when it counts.

Binns is a possible option that has some possibility upside that we all witnessed last year. This time last year all we had to work with, look at was a healthy Bess and a unhealthy Hartline who we knew could catch a football. Now we have Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Mathews and Binns who can catch a ball. Much better depth, how talented that is up for debate.

I think this is a sign that our WR corps is not as improved as everyone thinks. Binns would be borderline or cut on a team with a good WR corps, but for us...he is the one standing out in OTA's. He shouldn't be...Mathew or Gibson should be stepping up, but they are not.
That is certainly one way to look at it, then again you could just as easily say he would probably be the clear #2 on the pats right now.

To be honest I am slightly more interested in Tyms. Jasper Collins and Bumphis are two others that could make things interesting. These guys that are fighting for 4-6 this year are a lot better than M. Moore, Wallace, and Fuller from last year. If just one of these guys step up we will be in good shape.

And you know Binns would get cut on a team with good WRs.... how? No one said Hartline or Wallace has stepped up in OTAs, is anyone saying a thing about that? How do you know Gibson or Matthews isn't stepping up? Because of this one lil article about Binns? If you can't see out WR corps is much improved then you little about football.

And you know Binns would get cut on a team with good WRs.... how? No one said Hartline or Wallace has stepped up in OTAs, is anyone saying a thing about that? How do you know Gibson or Matthews isn't stepping up? Because of this one lil article about Binns? If you can't see out WR corps is much improved then you little about football.
He doesn't know that, he mostly seems to assume the Dolphins roster is always among the worst in the league. He got cut in Cincinnati, therefore he must suck and only the Dolphins would sign him. I guess if Miami does sign Vonta Leach that he must suck since a good team like the Ravens cut him. Forget that most consider him the best fullback in the NFL, Miami only signs bad players. :lol:

Seriously though Binns performing well in OTAs doesn't mean he is going to be great or that the rest of the WR corps is struggling. Just means Binns performed well in OTAs. Simple as that. Lets not forget that Binns biggest supporter right now is Omar "attmepted murder" Kelly. The same guy who pumped up Legadu Naanee last offseason as being an OTA and mini camp stud.

Now that doesn't mean Binns is destined to the same failures of Naanee, but we need to keep things in perspective. I do think it is encouraging that he is doing well and I would much rather hear good things about him in OTAs than bad things. The fact is that Binns can be a solid #4 and perhaps give Gibson some legitimate competition for the #3. That is actually a good thing, not a bad thing as Dr. Phin suggests.

I still see it panning out like this:

1. Wallace
2. Hartline
3. Gibson
4. Binns/Matthews
5. Binns/Matthews

I was hoping that Bumphis guy makes the team. i hear that country boy from WV has got some moves despite his serious drinking problem. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom