Armstead expects to return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead expects to return

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score

There was some talk about Armstead maybe retiring; looks like he's giving it another go.
I, for one, am glad. With all the holes to fill, we need him another year. Hopefully he holds up.

Last edited:
Good news. 1 more year and then likely cut after 2024 with a 12.7 dead cap hit. This is a very important year for our GM, HC and QB. I want them all to succeed and that means winning at least 1 playoff game in 2024 to at least show a little bit of progress. If they can't even do that we're just spinning our wheels.

There was some talk about Armstead maybe retiring; looks like he's giving it another go.
I, for one, am glad. With all the holes to fill, we need him another year. Hopefully he holds up.
We should consider drafting a left tackle to take over from him next year that he can help teach and develop.

This is good news because we can’t afford to replace him now and I don’t really want to use #21 on an OT unless a top tier guy falls which I doubt. We will probably be drafting an LT in the first round in 2025.

Now must prioritize re-signing Lamm to fill in when he’s out.

Hard to turn down $14 million. Armstead is definitely a really good player and a team leader. Just hope Miami gets closer to 12 games out of him.

With Tua being lefthanded, plus how important the inside pocket is to his effectiveness, I think upgrading the interior of the offensive line might be more important.

Plus, I think Smith showed some potential at LT. Of course, if a talented LT is there who would complain about the pick (Mims etc.).

is this an oxymoron?

Well, atleast we know both Tackles are good to for next season.

If a guy like Mims falls in the draft, I still take him, if not I am focusing on IOL.

C. Williams will be the deciding factor here of course.
We are definitely on the same page.

There are so many moving pieces right now. If Miami signs Hunt and Williams, but not Wilkins that 1st rounder could definitely go defense.

It's concerning if Wilkins and Van Ginkel both leave. Miami's pass rush could be non-existent at the start of the season. Something to consider for sure.

Resign Hunt/Williams and the OL ceases to be a crisis. I still want an OL early, but won't need 3.

We are definitely on the same page.

There are so many moving pieces right now. If Miami signs Hunt and Williams, but not Wilkins that 1st rounder could definitely go defense.

It's concerning if Wilkins and Van Ginkel both leave. Miami's pass rush could be non-existent at the start of the season. Something to consider for sure.
Personally, you can absolutely not leave a gaping hole at C like that if Williams goes down. You must draft a stopgap. Either a pure center or a swing guard/center. We need both a guard and center in the draft,two birds one stone, that is priority #1. Defense will be second IMO.

If they go into the season again with Williams at 1 and Eich at 2 it will just be a repeat of the disaster from last year.

Back
Top Bottom