Armstead expects to return | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead expects to return

Since retiring actually hurts the cap, this is good news. Actually, Lamm and TA made a nice combo. Re sign Lamm and use our resources to fix the interior OL.

Best ability is availability.

Grab a younger tackle. Let this man go to pasture.

Since retiring actually hurts the cap, this is good news. Actually, Lamm and TA made a nice combo. Re sign Lamm and use our resources to fix the interior OL.

Which is why I'm a little surprised to see so much draft talk about OT's. I get it, you want insurance, but this team isn't in a position to draft anything other than dire needs.

Now if you're drafting a future LT who can play LG this year, I can understand it but personally, I am not spending too much time thinking about OT's in the first or second round this year.

I'd rather think about Center's who can play OG for a year if need be.

Last edited:
****!!! Armstead tore his pancreas sitting down for this interview. The good news is he’s only expected to miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

Booooohhh! Bad news! 😢 If there was a position I was hoping to replace on our entire OL considering playing output vs salary was that one. I was praying he retires, but now we have another big financial problem to solve as he is not available because he injures just by walking in the field, he is too expensive and our backup actually did a pretty awesome job filling for him. So, couple Tuas contract extension with this bad news and I just don’t see a way to retain our few key good draft picks like Wilkins and Hunt. Also I think we will be totally out of the market for a pass rusher reinforcement. We have few draft picks and we have high needs all over the OL a DT, a pass rusher, a MLB and a CB to replace Howard, and a negative cap space that now has become harder to handle because Mr. Injury has decided he wants to earn lots of million while being available for 6 games a year. No brainer for him but it really sucks for us.

Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

Booooohhh! Bad news! 😢 If there was a position I was hoping to replace on our entire OL considering playing output vs salary was that one. I was praying he retires, but now we have another big financial problem to solve as he is not available because he injures just by walking in the field, he is too expensive and our backup actually did a pretty awesome job filling for him. So, couple Tuas contract extension with this bad news and I just don’t see a way to retain our few key good draft picks like Wilkins and Hunt. Also I think we will be totally out of the market for a pass rusher reinforcement. We have few draft picks and we have high needs all over the OL a DT, a pass rusher, a MLB and a CB to replace Howard, and a negative cap space that now has become harder to handle because Mr. Injury has decided he wants to earn lots of million while being available for 6 games a year. No brainer for him but it really sucks for us.
The financial problem would have been worse if he retired. I think it would have cost us an additional $4 million on the cap this year on top of the $20 million hit he already had if he retired before 6/1. I could be wrong, but a retirement counts the same as a cut on the salary cap if I understand it correctly.

Personally, you can absolutely not leave a gaping hole at C like that if Williams goes down. You must draft a stopgap. Either a pure center or a swing guard/center. We need both a guard and center in the draft,two birds one stone, that is priority #1. Defense will be second IMO.

If they go into the season again with Williams at 1 and Eich at 2 it will just be a repeat of the disaster from last year.
Agree 100 percent. But maybe Miami could get that at 55?

There was some talk about Armstead maybe retiring; looks like he's giving it another go.
I, for one, am glad. With all the holes to fill, we need him another year. Hopefully he holds up.
he's also expected to miss 6 or 7 games like he does every year

This is good news because we can’t afford to replace him now and I don’t really want to use #21 on an OT unless a top tier guy falls which I doubt. We will probably be drafting an LT in the first round in 2025.

Now must prioritize re-signing Lamm to fill in when he’s out.

I personally did not think Lamm did that bad a job.

Was he dominant, probably not, but for the most part, he was consistently solid when healthy.

I would love not to have to use our 1st round pick on a OT, personally hoping someone falls in love with a player when we're up, and gives us a kings bounty for it...if it's one of the teams picking top 5 in 2nd, I would have no problem bypassing a pick in the 1st for an early 2nd, and riches of other picks including another 2nd or 3rd.

If we did that, and there was still an OT in the 2nd, or 3rd they liked, take a shot, you never know how well a 2nd day linemen will do with the right tutor.

I am sure Grier knows better then me what position is most important (Other then all-Purpose TE, I know we need one very seriously, and hope Grier/McDaniel realize this, or better start).

Last edited:
Which is why I'm a little surprised to see some much draft talk about OT's. I get it, you want insurance, but this team isn't in a position to draft anything other than dire needs.

Now if you're drafting a future LT who can play LG this year, I can understand it but personally, I am not spending too much time thinking about OT's in the first or second round this year.

I really like Fautanu if he is there at 21. Guy has played LT and some scouts think he can play tackle in the NFL. If not a lot of scouts love him as a gaurd prospect. He is the tackle gaurd option.

Barton is another I like. Played everywhere on the OL basically. A lot of LT, but most all scouts have him at Center or gaurd in the NFL. Think he will be a stud center or gaurd. Has the footwork as well for outside zone blocking.

Lmao
Armstead wasn't going to turn down 14 million to drink capri suns on the sideline for half the season
Also he knows this is probably it for him with the potential out for next off-season, i doubt he pushes through anything to play this year if and when he gets injured.

I really like Fautanu if he is there at 21. Guy has played LT and some scouts think he can play tackle in the NFL. If not a lot of scouts love him as a gaurd prospect. He is the tackle gaurd option.

Barton is another I like. Played everywhere on the OL basically. A lot of LT, but most all scouts have him at Center or gaurd in the NFL. Think he will be a stud center or gaurd. Has the footwork as well for outside zone blocking.

I like Barton alot....honestly it seems like EVERYBODY likes him. Teammates, coaches, scouts etc.

Which is why I'm a little surprised to see some much draft talk about OT's. I get it, you want insurance, but this team isn't in a position to draft anything other than dire needs.

that guy could be Graham Barton from Duke

Back
Top Bottom