Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract

All of the guaranteed money being in 2024 means that outside of whatever part of his salary was converted into bonus money, if he retires or we release him next offseason we’re not on the hook for any of his salary 2025 or beyond, right? If so I’m more than okay with this.

All of the guaranteed money being in 2024 means that outside of whatever part of his salary was converted into bonus money, if he retires or we release him next offseason we’re not on the hook for any of his salary 2025 or beyond, right? If so I’m more than okay with this.
I’d like to know this too.

A lot of talk of if he retired last season, we would have actually had a big dead cap hit.

If they restructured it so that he plays this year and then retires next year with no dead cap hit, that makes so much sense for everyone involved. And it looks like his number this year is maybe reduced? I don’t know.

2025 Post June Cut (which is what it should be, Donald just did this similar thing in LA when he retired). No, if he retires, we are not on the hook for his salaries, but we still have his dead cap hits we have earned that will be spread out.

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2025 Dead Cap: $7,818,750
2026 Dead Cap: $10,734,750
2025 Cap Savings: $14,300,000

Back
Top Bottom