Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armstead to Rework or Restructure Contract

Ummmmmmmmm. Really need to see the details on this, but restructuring TA is just not a good idea in general.

😕 Hmm, why?

Is he injury prone...Sure
Is he unreliable for entire season. Yes

The guy is also elite, and when he's heading up the left side, Tua more then not, does not have to worry much about that side.

He's a great, and willing teacher. He is as technically sound O-linemen as you will find, and he is willing to put the time in to help teammates get better, and closer to the type of linemen he is.

He's a team player, if it's the playoffs, and he is in huge pain from an injury, there is no way he will still not be playing, as well as being a good positive presence on the team.

His Injuries are annoying, just like how annoying Miami leading the league in quality player season ending injuries every year is, but that still does not negate him being one of the best at his position...Even at his age.

Really?
How did you confirm that?
Am I missing something? It's from overthecap. They do not have most of the new players' salaries listed. Is that what you meant or are you referring to something else?

Am I missing something? It's from overthecap. They do not have most of the new players' salaries listed. Is that what you meant or are you referring to something else?

Basically, yes.

If the source you used didn't have that specific information, was any other source available that did?

I would think all the information about meeting the cap requirements must be known to the NFL.

😕 Hmm, why?

Is he injury prone...Sure
Is he unreliable for entire season. Yes

The guy is also elite, and when he's heading up the left side, Tua more then not, does not have to worry much about that side.

He's a great, and willing teacher. He is as technically sound O-linemen as you will find, and he is willing to put the time in to help teammates get better, and closer to the type of linemen he is.

He's a team player, if it's the playoffs, and he is in huge pain from an injury, there is no way he will still not be playing, as well as being a good positive presence on the team.

His Injuries are annoying, just like how annoying Miami leading the league in quality player season ending injuries every year is, but that still does not negate him being one of the best at his position...Even at his age.
Why what? Be hesitant to restructure Armstead?

Just in general terms, a restructure pushes cap hits into the future. For oft injured or aging players you get into a territory where your cap hits are coming without the play for it and for all intents and purposes you are in debt. Restructures are fine for players that you will continue to see produce or plan on being around for a while, not players at the ends of their careers.

It's not a slight of Armstead itself, everything you mentioned is true. It has everything to do with fiscal concern.

I guess we found out what, "Reworked" contract means.
Yeah, the rumor was pay cut, turned out to be true. For those who hate on TA because he is injured all the time need to...

Shut The Fuck Up Veep Season 6 GIF by Veep HBO

Basically, yes.

If the source you used didn't have that specific information, was any other source available that did?

I would think all the information about meeting the cap requirements must be known to the NFL.
I'm sure the NFl does. I'm not doubting if we are actually under the cap, I was just stating that the sources that I can find (maybe you know of more), don't include all of the contracts so we, us the fans, don't know where we stand.

According to Sporttrac, we can get out of the Armstead deal after 2024 with $0 dead money? Did Sporttrac already capture the salary cut?

Back
Top Bottom