ARod Trade Watch | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARod Trade Watch

Motion said:
:eek: Well that would suck to lose him without any compensation.

The back end of his contract is so huge, he would NEVER get that money elsewhere per year or anywhere close. And if he leaves you save $51 mill and they could go sign any big ticket free agent. Like a Miguel Cabera or whoever would be on the market.

Plus I don't see him leaving on his own. Him leaving on his own would be admitting defeat. And he would NEVER live that down till the day he dies. He doesn't need the money and its all about legacy at some point.

Either way, stays or goes.......the Yanks win in some way shape or form

I could see him walking away. He's not hurting for money and his career would still net him over 250 mil in salary not counting endorsements

MikeO said:
They aren't going to trade AROD unless they get a front line, #1 starting pitcher who is probably 28 years old or younger in return.

And with Sheff now gone, I don't see them parting with AROD anyway. Giving up 200+ RBI's in one offseason.

How about Santana(LAA) and Aybar and maybe a couple other prospects for Alex.We need a 3rd basemen,I'm not sure Dallas McPherson can stay healthy for a season or do the job outright.Personally I'm hoping we sign Zito and Soriano or Wells(TOR).I would like our chances of a WS appearance in 07'.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom