ARod Trade Watch | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ARod Trade Watch

Scott Rolen had issues with the Phils, and Larry Bowa, and now he has issues with Tony LaRussa as well....why don't they send this whiney primma donna baby down to Triple AAA for a while. :boohoo:

I don't think they trade him unless the deal is just sooooooooo good they can't say no

MikeO said:
I don't think they trade him unless the deal is just sooooooooo good they can't say no

I remember cashman saying that after the yankees season was over GM's "smelled blood in the water" and he was getting alot of interest.

I just wonder if Arod can survive another season in the bronx. Personally, I think it's a situation where he can't win regardless of what he does.

Chavez Ravine said:
I remember cashman saying that after the yankees season was over GM's "smelled blood in the water" and he was getting alot of interest.

I just wonder if Arod can survive another season in the bronx. Personally, I think it's a situation where he can't win regardless of what he does.

Hey blame the fans for that. It's all in their hands to help the guy out but they refuse.

well for one I believe if he does get traded he will play ss and he will be traded to the Reds for Adam Dunn and Jason Larue

Perfect23 said:
well for one I believe if he does get traded he will play ss and he will be traded to the Reds for Adam Dunn and Jason Larue

:lol:

A useless catcher and an outfielder for the Yankees is as useful as a batting cage is to Steinbrenner.

RWhitney014 said:
:lol:

A useless catcher and an outfielder for the Yankees is as useful as a batting cage is to Steinbrenner.

Larue is not a useless catcher is is one of the best defensive catchers in the game and Dunn could play DH for the yanks and plus we still have a minor leaguepitcher we could give them like Johhny Cuetto and/or Phil Dumatrait possibly Homer Baily.

Its kind of amazing to see a guy who might retire with just about every offensive record, a guy that is a no brainer HOFer getting tossed around in trades to this many teams in his prime. Amazing.

Ray Finkle said:
Hey blame the fans for that. It's all in their hands to help the guy out but they refuse.

That's nonsense, the fans have tried and tried and tried to help the guy get through it. If he's not mentally tough enough to withstand it he shouldn't be here.

This makes it sound like h's been great but Yanklee fans dont' think it's great enough and that is the view from most non-Yankee fans who look at his #s and see good #s BUT he gets the majority of those #s in meaningless situations. When we need him in big spots he does nothing. The man has ZERO RBI in his last TWELVE postseason games! That's all we need to know, it doesn't matter what he does against tampa Bay in April w/ the yanks already up 9-1.

Perfect23 said:
Larue is not a useless catcher is is one of the best defensive catchers in the game and Dunn could play DH for the yanks and plus we still have a minor leaguepitcher we could give them like Johhny Cuetto and/or Phil Dumatrait possibly Homer Baily.

Won't happen. Pricetag is definitely bigger than that. They've already said Biambi will be full time DH next season.

Perfect23 said:

The problem is that LaRue is basically a spare part for the Yankees; Jorge Posada may be slowing down, but he's still light years better than LaRue. And it should be noted that good-field, no-hit catchers like LaRue aren't exactly hard to come by.

Dunn + Bailey wouldn't be enough to get the job done. If the Reds included Ryan Freel, though, that might be enough to get Cashman's attention.

They aren't going to trade AROD unless they get a front line, #1 starting pitcher who is probably 28 years old or younger in return.

And with Sheff now gone, I don't see them parting with AROD anyway. Giving up 200+ RBI's in one offseason.

...and the Reds would be dumb dumb DUMB to even discuss Homer Bailey unless they're getting an ace in return. That guy and Jay Bruce along with Encarnacion are the future core of that team.

Interesting TIDBIT.....

After the 2007 season, Alex Rodriguez has the right to void the final three years on his contract and declare free agency. He would be walking away from $81 million (of which the Yanks are responsible for $51 million, with the Rangers picking up the rest). While Rodriguez is unlikely to get $27 million a year elsewhere, a canvas of executives at the GM meetings indicated he would have no problem landing a deal for six years at between $100-120 million. After all, he will be just 32 when next season ends, is diligent about staying in shape, would be in striking distance of the all-time homer record with a six-year deal that starts in 2008, and many clubs feel he would regain his full comfort and success if he departed the Yankees.

MikeO said:
Interesting TIDBIT.....

After the 2007 season, Alex Rodriguez has the right to void the final three years on his contract and declare free agency. He would be walking away from $81 million (of which the Yanks are responsible for $51 million, with the Rangers picking up the rest). While Rodriguez is unlikely to get $27 million a year elsewhere, a canvas of executives at the GM meetings indicated he would have no problem landing a deal for six years at between $100-120 million. After all, he will be just 32 when next season ends, is diligent about staying in shape, would be in striking distance of the all-time homer record with a six-year deal that starts in 2008, and many clubs feel he would regain his full comfort and success if he departed the Yankees.

:eek: Well that would suck to lose him without any compensation.

Back
Top Bottom