Article on BP pickign LONG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on BP pickign LONG

It probably won't be the most favorite use of the number 1, but in my opinion I would be very happy taking Long to be our LT.It would just change the mentality of our offense for a long long time...(no pun intended)

And after watching the combine, his attitude and skill level is really good. He would be a very safe pick to turn into a very good player at the nfl level.

I've been pulling for Jake Long all along. We need a LT, and he could be a good one for a long time. We could move Carey back to Rt where he's all pro. We have a center, all we need are the guards. I like Hadnot at guard, but it appears he's headed for free agency (hope we still resign him).

I'd like to see them pick up Long if we kept the number 1 pick but I don't see parcells keeping it

if we get faneca u can count on us grabbing a LT for sure in this draft to start. He believed Faneca would be great for the jets last year as he told the t4eam to pick him up for mangold and Dbrick, we have satele he sees potential in and posisbly a ROOKIE LT. either way i believe he likes faneca a bunch and will try to pick him up.

I have been warming up to him also. solidifying our oline would be great. There's always a can't miss DE but not that many can't miss LT.

I really wnated long to declare last year but he didnt and this year after i hear he is so so in pass prot i got 2nd thoughts about him and moved to Long (C) as hes smart adn very very instinctive.

I want a line that can pass protect just as well as it run blocks b/c I'm tired of our 3 step drops taht still dont allow our QB time to throw. I dont even konw what a 5/7 step drop looks like in a Fin uniform.

How about giving Ginn time to get down field for the deepball?

exactly. if neone has played the game in real life especially at QB you'll see how important a O line is. I played QB and when the line collapses you have about 2 seconds to run (as i was able to scramble cuz i played WR/QB/CB) and i fu can't run you are F'd. THe main reason is bc the WR is about 3 yards into his route by the time the line collapses and when the Dlinemen close in and you have the let hte ball out the WR is about 5 yards off the line and the DB/LB are within a yard as it creates zero time to let the receivers seperate.

if we get faneca u can count on us grabbing a LT for sure in this draft to start. He believed Faneca would be great for the jets last year as he told the t4eam to pick him up for mangold and Dbrick, we have satele he sees potential in and posisbly a ROOKIE LT. either way i believe he likes faneca a bunch and will try to pick him up.

Arizona hot on Faneca right now.

Wouldn't be too upset with either Long. Both will come in and contribute right away. I do agree the Jake Long would be the safest and most "team" beneficial pick.

exactly. if neone has played the game in real life especially at QB you'll see how important a O line is. I played QB and when the line collapses you have about 2 seconds to run (as i was able to scramble cuz i played WR/QB/CB) and i fu can't run you are F'd. THe main reason is bc the WR is about 3 yards into his route by the time the line collapses and when the Dlinemen close in and you have the let hte ball out the WR is about 5 yards off the line and the DB/LB are within a yard as it creates zero time to let the receivers seperate.

by this I take it your WR's were only five yards off the LOS in two seconds.

did they stop at the ice cream parlor before running the route?

WR's in the nfl, had better faster than that, or we have the wrong personnel.

jake long is a safe pick.
I don't see where we get any more value for the first rounder with him, than we do with anybody else.
I wouldn't mind if they took him, he's a beast.

Back
Top Bottom