Article on BP pickign LONG | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article on BP pickign LONG

by this I take it your WR's were only five yards off the LOS in two seconds.

did they stop at the ice cream parlor before running the route?

WR's in the nfl, had better faster than that, or we have the wrong personnel.

jake long is a safe pick.
I don't see where we get any more value for the first rounder with him, than we do with anybody else.
I wouldn't mind if they took him, he's a beast.

When the ball was snapped and by teh time it got in my hands they were about 5 yards off the line, takes another second for the pocket to collapse and at most you are talking about another 3 yards on top of that 5, thats 8 yards, where do you expect to see seperation? you dont unless you throw tremendously accurate and ur WR konws how to make a play on the ball along whit the fact that you dont have time to check from one side to the other. If you do you better hope the dudes open cuz your about to take a licking.

Obviously in the NFL they are 234234 times faster but the D linemen are also 234234 times faster as are the CBs/LBs so you see how its almost the same thing if nto worse b/c its much easier to play WR then CB when i played compared to the NFL level.

I guess our oline was a tad better than yours than.
I was a TE and sometimes I was well into my fly routes before the ball was thrown.
We never ran shotgun either.

but none of that matters when we are talking about the phins.

jake long was and still is fine with me at one.

I guess our oline was a tad better than yours than.
I was a TE and sometimes I was well into my fly routes before the ball was thrown.
We never ran shotgun either.

but none of that matters when we are talking about the phins.

jake long was and still is fine with me at one.

theres a big diff btw by the time the ball was thrown and having time to throw.

I really like what I saw out of Jake Long at the combines. I think he is just as good if not better than Joe Thomas. It would be nice having a franchise LT who will give our QB time to throw and open up massive holes form Ronnie Brown to run through. I think Jake would help us out more than any other player if you are just looking at our overall needs. But either Long works for me.

I really like what I saw out of Jake Long at the combines. I think he is just as good if not better than Joe Thomas. It would be nice having a franchise LT who will give our QB time to throw and open up massive holes form Ronnie Brown to run through. I think Jake would help us out more than any other player if you are just looking at our overall needs. But either Long works for me.

yup thats how i feel but i just WANT pass PROT just as bad. Faneca on the left would do wonders for Long and Satele. that would also form one deadly left side to run through.

Also, i agree iwht that ShaBam guy or w/e, thres a lot of depth at T this year prob most ive ever seen.

why dont we take it easy, take a cold shower, and enjoy the rest of the combine...maybe then we have a better idea who we can get with our first...

Every great team has a great center and a great LT...we may have the center, we need the tackle.

J. Long may not be Pace...but he can play for 10-12 years barring injury and play Parcells type of football.

Yeah! I'm starting to warm up to the idea of J. Long #1. He seems to really have a good head on his shoulders. Did I really read that he gave up only 2 sacks his entire 4 years at Michigan?? Holy!!! That's amazing! There are a lot of great OT prospects in this draft. I really hope we get 1 of them, but the thing is I don't think there will be a lot left by the time our 2nd pick comes up. I feel there will be a big run on OT's in the 1st round. They're just too valuable, especially with the quality of this class, for teams to pass up on or wait on. J. Long looks like the best of the bunch so why not? If he turns to be great he'll could be with us for 10yrs or so. Thing is, would this mean pass on Flozell or still bring him in to bring the rook a long? I say no because rookies can usually start on the OL.

Back
Top Bottom