Article: YOU BE THE JUDGE! TANNEHILL VS BRADY: A SUPERSTAR IN THE MAKING?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, May 16, 2017.

1. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I try. :biggrin

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I've been saying this for 5 years...their games are very similar...hopefully Miami with tannehill will taste some of that brady postseason success in the near future. both high level pre to post snap read pocket progression qbs

3. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Stop bringing football logic into a thread devoid of any such thing. Unless it's about supermodels apparently....

4. Digital

Digital Starter

Then why'd you post bro?

If you didn't read it ... why would you expect us to read your opinion of something you have just stated you have no knowledge? Come on man .. you're better than this.

5. Digital

Digital Starter

That may be true ... but I imagine you're getting that information mostly from talking heads on TV right? These are the same people who LOVE the Jets because they play in that huge media market known as New York, and instantly became very excited about the Rams and Chargers the moment they moved to LA. Those people are entertainers in an entertainment market where their success is dependent upon popular opinion. Most of that opinion is derived by fans who A) want you to talk about their team or they'll stop watching, and B) desperately want you to say and predict good things about their team or they'll hate you.

The concept of those people being objective is as false as hoping Bob Griese stays sober and objectively criticizes the Dolphins ... none of those things are very likely.

Now to your point about the football people, they may well feel that way ... but we very very very rarely hear from them, and when we do it's usually with a specific agenda. And, the only way we hear those things is filtered through one of the above-mentioned media talking heads, who clearly have an agenda. So, maybe football people do feel that way, but it's going to be very hard for us to hear that message, and it will surely be drowned out by the constant noise of those talking-head entertainers. So, it's kind of hard to really know this one.

6. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

7. BlueUndertow

BlueUndertow Well-Known Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lt-concussions-according-wife-gisele-bundchen

Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, says the New England Patriots quarterback has a history of concussions, including one suffered last year during a Super Bowl-winning season.

"He had a concussion last year. He has concussions pretty much every -- I mean, we don't talk about it. He does have concussions," Bundchen said on "CBS This Morning"

Giselle mentions she found out when she got home one day and found Tom wearing her underwear spinning around like a ballerina.

8. Ren

Ren Rookie

If that's true, then the Pat's have some explaining to do.

BlueUndertow likes this.
  9. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

nah, being a p-u-s-s-y doesn't have to be reported to the injury protocoll

10. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

Tannehill, doesn't have any situation awareness or pocket presence. He can't comprehend when to throw the ball away on third down and pick up the three points or when to go for the big play.

11. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Wake me up in September.......

12. Ren

Ren Rookie

You didn't watch last season, did you?

miami365 and Eesti like this.
  13. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

[​IMG]

14. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

This is a bit unfair for Ryan Tannehill as he has had poor coaching. Even with Gase at the helm we are not going to know his potential until this year. Brady is better today because he has had a better tudor for quite awhile and has stayed hungry to win for years. Thats very very hard to do for any athlete regardless of position.

That being said this year should/could be a pivotal year for both Brady and Ryan as we should expect Ryan to improve in year 2 under Gases tutelage and Brady skill set to deteriorate due to age.

15. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Thanks for the effort & attempt Roy, but just didn't have the oomph feel to me. Things aren't the same without the other naysayers around anymore, but hang in there buddy, they are with you in spirit in every Tannehill thread!

Travis34 and Ren like this.
  16. darefugee

darefugee FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Tannehill should not be compared to anyone who's been caught and served punishment for cheating. He's better than that.

17. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

This is my opinion. I admit I've wavered on Tannehill many times over the past 5 years but I am now a bullish supporter. Here's why:
    - He was inexperienced when he entered the league so he may have needed more time.
    - Previous to Gase he was saddled with horrible coaching.
    - He's been saddled with horrible O-line play.
    - He's been saddled with bad skill players, many of us thought Hartline, Wallace, Gibson and even Bess were good at one time but let's be honest any combination of those 3 can't hold candle to what we'll be rolling out in 2017.
    - Adam Gase believes in him, I really trust this guy maybe that will blow up in my face.
    - He's a model citizen and hard worker.
    - He's still here. through all this adversity the guy is still our starting QB.
    - Plays/throws only him and like Aaron Rodgers can make. Not saying he's Rodgers but there are throws I don't think many QB's. other than those 2, could have made.

There are many fans on here who feel we've found our QB now and don't need to see anymore. I live in NE so I know first hand rival fans still don't believe in Tannehill 1 iota. That changes by the end of 2017. Book it!

18. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

Ya well done Digital!!!

I also agree that he's been getting better every year and now with some stability he should flourish.

No more days of hartline, bess, and gibson lol Landry, Parker, Stills, Julius, and Ajayi along with a premiere LT keeping his blindside safe, will elevate tannehill's game.

IMO he needs to take more risks with the talented receivers we have.

He has all the physical attributes you look for with being able to make any throw on the run or in the pocket.

When he actually has a couple seconds to get rid of the ball, he's had fantastic games.

I agree with you that Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than brady and the best I've ever seen.

The SB was his coming out party where he made throws that looked unbelievable.

I remember saying "I have never seen the a SB Steelers Defense get torn up this bad"

He is the Packers where if Brady went down they would be more than likely win the division than if Aaron went down.

If Rodgers were a Patriot, I believe it wouldn't be fair.

I hate brady yet recognize his greatness. As for being a better player, I gotta give it to A-rod.

Rodgers has the best Qb rating of all time (104.1 rating, 65% Comp, 297 tds, 72 ints, 25 rushing tds 2x MVP, has 36 tds and 10 ints in the playoffs. That's unreal. Only two seasons with double digit Ints 13, 11 lol

Brady is obviously ridiculous. I just think Rodgers is the better player.