Ask Boomer | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

bring back rick said:
Isn't this an American Football site? Is this Boomer guy English?

It is and injustice of injustices....HE IS.

bring back rick said:
Isn't this an American Football site? Is this Boomer guy English?
That he is, but to some people it seems like he is speaking a different language!:D

Two Auburn Tigers have decided to return to college for one more season: Auburn OT Marcus McNeill and WR Anthony Mix. McNeill, widely considered a top OT prospect, received a 3rd round projection from NFL's teams
Boomer.I never thought he would be projected as a third round pick.Does that surprise you.?

Last edited by a moderator:
rhadaddy said:
:xii: and here's to signing Delgado

I'll drink to that. :)

I'd prefer signing M.Ordonez to a one-year, make good kind of deal (like Nomar) and a defensive-minded 1B, but Delgado would be just fine.

And in an effort to stay on topic, Boomer, what are your thoughts on Eric Winston? Will his injury hamper him at all and when he goes pro, do you think he'll have some of the same adjustment problems as Bryant McKinnie has had so far?

Upcoming draft, no clear #1

Boomer said:
I can't recall a year like it.
Figures, its the year Miami has a #2 pick....lol....just our luck. If only we can convince a team lower than us, that they need a player at #2 more than they think.

We need to ask Herschel to come back just to try to trade him for 11 draft picks :lol: :roflmao:

NFL teams hoping for offensive tackle help were dealt another blow, as talented LSU tackle Andrew Whitworth just announced he will not enter the upcoming draft. Whitworth, who reportedly had a slightly down season in 2004, was considered a player with first round potential. Pro scout Chris Landry told Louisana media: "Andrew needs another year of development to maximize his draft value. "He is a tall, rangy tackle better suited for the right side than the left side at the next level."

The draft news keeps coming today, but here's one that certainly suprised us: CB/SJason Allen announced he has decided to stay at Tennessee for his senior season and not leave early for the NFL.

USC LB Lofa Tatupu expected to forgo his final season of college eligibility and enter the NFL Draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
CrunchTime said:
NFL teams hoping for offensive tackle help were dealt another blow, as talented LSU tackle Andrew Whitworth just announced he will not enter the upcoming draft. Whitworth, who reportedly had a slightly down season in 2004, was considered a player with first round potential. Pro scout Chris Landry told Louisana media: "Andrew needs another year of development to maximize his draft value. "He is a tall, rangy tackle better suited for the right side than the left side at the next level."

The draft news keeps coming today, but here's one that certainly suprised us: CB/SJason Allen announced he has decided to stay at Tennessee for his senior season and not leave early for the NFL.

USC LB Lofa Tatupu expected to forgo his final season of college eligibility and enter the NFL Draft.
Add Virginia LB Daryl Blackstock to the list of draftees, his grades would have made him ineligible to play next year so he is going to pro .... Where do you seem him going Boom?

Considering the number of available running backs is ridiculous, taking Benson at #2 is the stupidest possible thing for us to do...

jason_taylor said:
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME SINCE =Steveo WE NEED A RB (BENSON) NO QB

Overrated, can't create at the 2nd level and a massive reach at 2.

Jaj said:
Considering the number of available running backs is ridiculous, taking Benson at #2 is the stupidest possible thing for us to do...

Nailed on Jaj.

Simple question: Now that Leinart is staying at USC, who will be the first player taken in the draft?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Boomer -

I keep seeing mock-drafts listing a quote-un-quote "no-brainer" for Miami to take C. Benson with #2 pick. These mock-drafts claim he is exactly what Miami needs.

I realize no mock-draft accounts for trade-downs, etc.....but do you see in any way possible the new regime in Miami selecting Benson, taking into account Texas, RB, and issues from Ricky's dealings lately.

I can see a "guilty" by association based on these issues, and therefore we stay clear of this selection. Personally, I also just dont think Benson is the premier back that would put us on the right path going forward with Saban and his Coaches and scheme.

So, from your vantage point, can you see a scenario where Miami uses its #2 on Benson?

To answer your main question....well I guess it's possible, but I just don't see it. I know that Saban is friendly with the Longhorns RB coach and he surely will give him a good report and like you say, the guily by association is a ridiculous rap. I just would be surprised if it happened.

He doesn't have the hands and to my mind, doesn't have the ability to create at the 2nd level in the pros, IMO. I certainly would feel a little disappointed if in the fiirst 2 rounds, all we came away with is Cedric Benson.

Now, I don't necessarily have a meaningful other option, I just don't see it when it all shakesdown that Benson will be the pick, or value at that spot.

NLude33 said:
Boomer,

A lot of talk on here today about special teams. Do you see any kickers or punters being drafted high or at all? Do you see value in drafting a K or P, or just pick one up and stick him in there?

And always, thanks for all your input!

Our kicker and punter are fine mate. Mare could do with a paycut, but he's still a good kicker. But Mike Nugent, Dave Rayner, Nick Novak and Rhys Lloyd are the best kickers. Dustin Colquitt, DJ Fitzpatrick and Gary Cook are the best punters.

Back
Top Bottom