Assuming Quinn is Available, Would You Make This Trade With The Redskins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assuming Quinn is Available, Would You Make This Trade With The Redskins?

See Below

• Yes

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a BS trade scenario and you know it. This thread is a joke.

That would be robbery according to NFL Draft Value Chart, where pick #6 is worth 1600 points, #9 = 1350, #40 = 500, #60 = 292.
So the most they expect to exchange would be that, our #9 and #60, where we "lost" 42 points.
That may make a fairer trade where they give spot #6 of 1600, #143 of 34.5 in round 5, and #216 of 5 in round 7. We pay with spots #9 and #60, of combined 1642, exchanging 1639.5. That means a 1th & 2nd round picks for a set of picks in rounds 1, 5 & 7.

Dude, #9 and #71 from us would equal 1,585, #6 is 1,600, it's a 15 point difference, we could throw in either a player or the #181 pick (our first of 2 6th rounder), which is worth 19 points, and then we only lose 4 points.

Also, a 1st and 2nd rounder in exchange for a 1st, 5th, and 7th, isn't such a bad thing either. Yeah, we loose a 2nd round pick, but we still would have the #40 pick, it's not like we'd have NO second rounder, and we'd pick up another 5th and 7th in the process, so in that scenerio we'd gain a pick.

Don't always take the most extreme examples and then bash an idea for being stupid. There are multiple ways to approach every situation.

Here's a scenario for you. Since Carr signed with Carolina, the possibility of Quinn dropping to the 23 spot as one mock draft suggested becomes much more of a reality. Remember Marino dropped to the 28 spot. We switch places with KC for Trent if that is what they want, effectively they move up draft ladder with an invisible non existing 2nd round pick, and we get Quinn at the 23 spot saving both money and draft picks.

So your saying the Jaguars, the Ravens trading up, nor the Bears would be ever so slightly interested?

I'd make the trade in a second. I'd push for giving up the 1st and 3rd round picks but if they had to give the 2nd round pick up, I'd do it.

There is no way Quinn falls to 23 because of David Carr. Carolina could still take Quinn because I'm sure they're not banking on David Carr being the QB of the future. Pretend this is last offseason and everyone didn't think Culpepper was the savior. They add Joey Harrington. Do you think this would have prevented them from taking Jay Cutler had he fallen to them? Not a chance. Plus, there would be teams in that range that would take Quinn and others would definitely try to trade up. Jacksonville, Baltimore, Chicago, the Jets, and teams like the Raiders, Lions, and Browns would try to move up from the 2nd round to get him there. If Quinn is there at 9, you take him. No trading down to see if he's there.

Here's a scenario for you. Since Carr signed with Carolina, the possibility of Quinn dropping to the 23 spot as one mock draft suggested becomes much more of a reality. Remember Marino dropped to the 28 spot. We switch places with KC for Trent if that is what they want, effectively they move up draft ladder with an invisible non existing 2nd round pick, and we get Quinn at the 23 spot saving both money and draft picks.
What mock draft suggested this? He would not fall out of the top 10!

#60 and one of our 6ths or our 3rd

i'd love it if it only cost us Welker and Mare to move up..... or a 3rd........ no biggie to get the QB most Dolphins fans are dying to have.

a 1st and our third would do it acording to the draft value chart, but i would still give up our late 2nd for him.

I voted no because I think the fins can get away by just giving up their 3rd and a 6th (#199) and not their 2nd to move 3 spots to take quinn.

Back
Top Bottom