assuming we trade down to get our 2nd rounder... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

assuming we trade down to get our 2nd rounder...

BARF

...FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
there is a lot of good talent between picks 50 and 60 i was looking at some mocks and they jonathan baldwin, ryan williams, kyle rudolph even though i don't see us drafting a te in the 2nd but then again this regime is crazy. i will not be surprise if we trade down twice in the first round, this would be awesome we could have a late first, 2 2's or 1 2, and 2 3's, I would prefer 2 2's, we just have to be careful we don't move to far down. I just saw on finfever and liked the guys scenario, we trade with the chargers, we pick up a 3rd, and then we trade with the falcons and pick up a 2nd and a 4th, that would give us, 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, and 2 4th. But then again thats a crazy *** dolfan, and he is not being realistic

we trade with the chargers, we pick up a 3rd,
I can imagine us trading down three spots with the Chargers to help them leapfrog NE, then NE spiting us by trading back with Seattle so they can get Mallett.

if we trade down i dont think we get a 2nd ronder i think perhaps a 3rd

I say we'll trade down once......then take either Mallett or Ponder (in that order if available)...........then i bet we go o-line in rd 2. TE in rd 3 and maybe RB in 4.......
This FO has been pretty successful in the draft relative to our success in the draft before they got here. Long/Smith/Davis/Langford/Merling(hopefully)/Henne/Hartline/Bess/Jerry are all picks that actually started games for this team.

I can imagine us trading down three spots with the Chargers to help them leapfrog NE, then NE spiting us by trading back with Seattle so they can get Mallett.
Dude the Pats ain't drafting Mallett. What kind of message you think that sends Brady? They are not going to play head games with the golden boy.

Dude the Pats ain't drafting Mallett. What kind of message you think that sends Brady? They are not going to play head games with the golden boy.

I think your are right. They won't pick a QB until they think Brady has 2-3 years left so he can teach the new guy, kind of like Favre/Rodgers. The Packers played it smart and didn't lose a step in the QB transition.

Last edited by a moderator:

the pats probably won't draft a qb in the first round...but i bet they trade that pick #28 to someone who will...

I do not want to trade down. Get a better and more of an impact player at 15.

I do not want to trade down. Get a better and more of an impact player at 15.

so forget trading down, cus all those DE's are going to make cam wake look stupid? cus all those Tackles are going to get us that impact?

Trading down is highly possible here and still get your impact player. QB is clearly that impact player. You can make an argument for RB but really, good RB's are going in 2nd/3rd round, which is why you want to trade down and get a pick.

Now, as i have said before, no team needs a QB behind us except Seattle and maybe, maybe, Jaxonville. So trading down is not a huge risk to us losing our impact player IMO because I am not so sure there are any. An impact player on this team is QB because we will get our RB's and what else we need is doable later.

If we like Mallett or even Ponder, we could trade down no problem in this draft. Clearly, there are not alot of teams needing a QB behind us in this draft. And what is really interesting to me is that alot of teams in the top ten could use another pick on a QB and none of them seemingly are hot for whats there.

Get a QB or you've learned nothing, accomplished nothing, and will be in the unemployment line soon Ireland/Sporano.

Don't trade down unless Mallett is gone, and then it had better be a good deal.

Get a QB or you've learned nothing, accomplished nothing, and will be in the unemployment line soon Ireland/Sporano.

Don't trade down unless Mallett is gone, and then it had better be a good deal.

So which rookie qb out there is gonna take us to the playoffs in 2011?

So which rookie qb out there is gonna take us to the playoffs in 2011?

Most likely none of them. Who said they would?

You aren't going to the playoffs w/o a QB, and we don't have one, and our owner knows it.

Back
Top Bottom