assuming we trade down to get our 2nd rounder... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

assuming we trade down to get our 2nd rounder...

Why the urge to state the obvious, then. :(

I quite literally have no idea what you're talking about?

The point of this thread is to advocate trading down. I'm saying you aren't winning anything w/o a QB so rather than trade down for quantity, throw your dong on the table and try to actually be great, rather than being scared to make a mistake all the time.

Cause this regime isnt taking ANY quarterback that isnt going to help them to the playoffs..this is win or get out. And if they are sold on him chances of him being there at #15? hardly. You never see trades in to the top 10..the ammunition needed is just too big especially for Miami who doesnt have a 2nd rounder. Why advocate just pulling the trigger if they arent sold on a QB? If they are sold to a point where they see the next Marino/whatever they'll do it and you know they will. Every franchise would in today's game.

Sparano could still might keep the job if they hit big on a quarterback who has a great rookie season but doesnt make the playoffs but out of Mallett(and there's still obvious glaring marks that we cant know how they feel about), I don't see any (afterall AFCE is as tough as it gets) QB this year worthy of such a move.

Cause this regime isnt taking ANY quarterback that isnt going to help them to the playoffs..this is win or get out. And if they are sold on him chances of him being there at #15? hardly. You never see trades in to the top 10..the ammunition needed is just too big especially for Miami who doesnt have a 2nd rounder. Why advocate just pulling the trigger if they arent sold on a QB? If they are sold to a point where they see the next Marino/whatever they'll do it and you know they will. Every franchise would in today's game.

Sparano could still might keep the job if they hit big on a quarterback who has a great rookie season but doesnt make the playoffs but out of Mallett(and there's still obvious glaring marks that we cant know how they feel about), I don't see any (afterall AFCE is as tough as it gets) QB this year worthy of such a move.

IF we're starting a rookie QB this season and he shows promise, Sparano and Ireland bought themselves another year.

Not that it means anything, but McShay & co. claimed that Ponder is the most NFL ready of all the QB's this year. It will be interesting to see that, if the Dolphins can trade back into the late 20's, would they draft Ponder at that spot. Especially knowing that teams like the Bengals, Cardinals, Titans, etc. who pass on a QB with their first round pick would be targeting Ponder with their 2nd rounder. To me Ponder is interesting in that he has a different skill set with his mobility than does Henne, whereas Mallett is in the same mold as Henne -- better or worse to be determined.

I understand the point people are trying to make in regards to acquiring a quarterback who isn't "like" Henne, but it's completely irrelevant. A quarterback with the opposite skillset of Chad Henne doesn't mean the guy is going to be any good, nor does it even mean he's going to be a quarterback...

Tyler Thigpen is extremely mobile and athletic, which is opposite of Henne.. but that doesn't mean he's any good.

The best quarterbacks in the NFL are all "like" Henne in the fact that they're pocket passers... most of them are "statue"-esque.

What Miami needs is a franchise quarterback... it doesn't matter if he's "like" Chad Henne in terms of skillset, or "like" Steve Young.

Back
Top Bottom