at 15 it's gabbert or mallett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at 15 it's gabbert or mallett

Gabbert. But I don't think he will be there. Mallet is who I think we will have a shot at, but I really don't care for him much.

I really like Cameron Heyward....he has a constant motor and is all over the field. We need someone like this. We haven't had a guy like this since Zach Thomas, during his younger days. He would team up nicely with Wake.

Imagine what Mallett could do if his receivers could catch the ball. :lol:

I really like Cameron Heyward....he has a constant motor and is all over the field. We need someone like this. We haven't had a guy like this since Zach Thomas, during his younger days. He would team up nicely with Wake.

at what... 3-4 olb??? thats not a fit...

For me it's Gabbert but I think I need to give Ryan Mallet a chance. His demeanor just doesn't remind me of any QB that has been successful in the NFL. But he definitely has the best arm (Gabbert is a close 2nd). I haven't watched the sugar bowl yet so I'll see how that goes. I think Gabbert will be gone at 15 unfortunately. and Cameron Heyward isn't really a good fit for a 3-4. Probably to small for a 3-4 DE and too slow for a 3-4 SOLB.

Luck, Newton, Gabbert, and Mallet will all be gone before we pick. Guaranteed.

Our only shot aside from moving up (which this current regime wouldn't even consider) is Jake Locker, and that's nothing to get excited over.

If none of the QB's we want are there I think we have to take Mark Ingram or trade down and get a 2nd and maybe still take him later in the 1st. I'm all about getting a franchise QB, but we don't need to reach for one. Mallett, Gabbert, or Locker at #15 otherwise take Ingram

I have been coming to this forum for the past 4 years and have never posted. I figured with everything going on with the team right now I might as well start. I wanted to start a new post in the draft forum but I do not have the privileges, I guess because I have never posted. Well here goes.

Since everyone knows we need a QB, I started with that. I'm not sure Gabbert will be there at 15 but I really don't believe Newton will be and the character issue questions with Mallet make me shy away from him.

1. Blaine Gabbert - QB - Mizz.
2. None
3. Lance Kendricks - TE - Wis.
4. Bilal Powell - RB - Louisville
5. Lee Ziemba - G - Auburn
6. Derrick Locke - RB - Ky
7a. Steven Friday - DE/OLB - VT
7b. Chase Beeler - C - Stanford

This draft is based on current projections from NFL Draft Scout. Of course it doesn't take into account anything we do in Free Agency. But with a solid defense coming back, this draft could help solidify the line, add speed and a good KR/PR, and give us a better pass catching TE.

Fire away with the comments!

I like the approach. I like Gabbert in the 1st, and I going after a TE and two RB's. I don't think Locke will be there in the 6th, but I like him; he might be there in the 4th, and I'd be happy taking him there. The 4th seems early for Powell - maybe flip flop him and Locke. I do, though, think we'll have to trade up to get Gabbert.

If Lance Kendricks makes it to our pick in the 3rd and we don't take him I will send a letter to Ross and everyone else in that organization demanding Ireland be fired immediately.

That said I don't think he last that long.

Back
Top Bottom