at 15 it's gabbert or mallett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at 15 it's gabbert or mallett

Mallett has more upside; Gabbert is the safer pick. I don't like either of them. They both have footwork issues. We need a QB with a quick release, touch, and good footwork.

Mallett has more upside; Gabbert is the safer pick. I don't like either of them. They both have footwork issues. We need a QB with a quick release, touch, and good footwork.

I don't think Mallet has more upside; he has a bigger arm, but I don't equate that to more upside. Also, I think it's extremely unfair to say that 'both have footwork issues' as if they're equal. Gabbert can get sloppy with his footwork, but he moves around very well, and he handles pressure very well. Mallet has elephant feet.

Luck, Newton, Gabbert, and Mallet will all be gone before we pick. Guaranteed.

Our only shot aside from moving up (which this current regime wouldn't even consider) is Jake Locker, and that's nothing to get excited over.

4 QB's in the top 14 ? guaranteed ? I'm not sure I buy that.

I don't think Mallet has more upside; he has a bigger arm, but I don't equate that to more upside. Also, I think it's extremely unfair to say that 'both have footwork issues' as if they're equal. Gabbert can get sloppy with his footwork, but he moves around very well, and he handles pressure very well. Mallet has elephant feet.

I didn't imply they had equal issues I stated they both had issues. Anyone can tell Mallet has bigger issues. Everyone has an opinion. Sports Illustrated thought Mallet was great at one point. Things change in the development of a player. At this point in time I just stated what I believe their potential is. I don't think they are as good as some say they will be until their problems are fixed.

If either Gabbert or Newton is available at 15 I would take either. If not then trade down and get more picks. I would only do that if I was sure I could get Devlin.

I think the top four QBs will be gone by #15.

If we are stuck with Henne and Sparano, we should focus on next year's QBs when we will bepicking in the top five.

Just rewatched the Mallett INT and you guys making excuses for him are crazy. It was a terrible read. He had several seconds to see the lineman dropping back and yet he stared down the receiver...and threw the ball into double coverage...You need smarts as a QB. I wouldn't touch him

Gabbert without hesitation. We will have to move to the top 5 to get him. I say pull the trigger...we've been without a QB long enough!

Last year we went all defense almost and our defense was great, even without some of our key rookies standing out.. This year we need to fix our offense and get that right.

Hopefully we get Will Allen back, Get rid of him or hes trade value atleast.. We will be getting Odrick back but may lose McDaniels. We will be filling a hole at backup ILB with AJ Edds coming back possibly, that is if he can actually still play or if he ever could..

We need to go offense.

Well, with Luck staying in school, it looks like both will be gone by 15.

Combine is stupid it tells who is a good athlete that's all !!!

Back
Top Bottom