At least its not Tebow!! or Smith, This means we draft a QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least its not Tebow!! or Smith, This means we draft a QB

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
Miami will be drafting a QB.

It could be worse guys. We needed at least some depth at QB and Im sure he came cheaper than Smith. I would have officially went over the edge if we had went with Tebow! .. So under the (admittedly crappy) circumstances Im not mad. But I hope he was cheap..

We all need to do a Tebow and pray we draft a QB in the first round. Otherwise I will start watching the Jets and Giants games.

Miami will be drafting a QB.

It could be worse guys. We needed at least some depth at QB and Im sure he came cheaper than Smith and would have officially went over the edge if we had went with Tebow! .. So under the (admittedly crappy) circumstances Im not mad. But I hope he was cheap..

NEXT year we draft a QB - Garrard 1 yr contract and we have Devlin and Moore

The Garrard move doesn't bother me, but the timing of this move is horrendous.
we had to gey him before Smith went back to SF or it would look like we whiffed again. I agree with OP..we draft a QB. Tannehill or Weeden will be a fin

I hope this part of of acquiring Ryan Tannehill......who I absolutely love the potential of.....I'm great with all of this if we get Tannehill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you draft a QB at 8 and the teams wins 2 games that means you kill your cap NEXT year #1 or #2 overall (which is where this is headed) you have a lot of cap tied up in 2 QB's and only 1 can play. BOTH Top 10 picks

god im so glad we (hopefully) wont be getting tebow. i think i would have not watched a game if he was our starting QB. But im not too sold on Tannenhill like everyone else is. He might have potential but i look at him and i see a more athletic Blain Gabbert. just too raw to start for us and i dont know how well it would be to groom him for 1-2 years. The guy has only played QB for 2 years and we want to draft him at 8? kind of a reach no? i mean i few years back when there wasnt such a crazy emphasis on QB he probably be a 2nd round or 3rd round pick. i kinda see him struggeling big time if they ask him to start day one. oh well desperate times call for desperate drafts i guess.

If you draft a QB at 8 and the teams wins 2 games that means you kill your cap NEXT year #1 or #2 overall (which is where this is headed) you have a lot of cap tied up in 2 QB's and only 1 can play. BOTH Top 10 picks

i think moores contract is up next year so tannenhill would be the starter if we get him

If only for one year then that means QB will be drafted high which is good. Protects us against Moore holdout.

If we get Anderson then we are heading back in the right direction.

If they had signed Tebow, I'd be beyond pissed; however, if they're looking for Tannhehill, they may very well have to trade up with Minnesota @ #3. Sounds crazy of course but teams are thirsty for QBs.

I hope this part of of acquiring Ryan Tannehill......who I absolutely love the potential of.....I'm great with all of this if we get Tannehill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Move makes Tannehill to miami a solid possibilty, (and might explain some of our other moves) For example bringing in Flynn but not committing to him. Showing just enough intrest to get Seattle to bite and therefore move them out of the Tannehill sweepstakes. If we could just get the browns to sign Tebow all would be well! Tannehill would likely not start right away so we would have a decent starter in Moore, A solid Vet backup (who will compete to be a starter) and (hopefully) Tannehill. If we would have picked up Smith, Tannehill/Weeden would be out of the equation because Smith would command too much money. If we went with Tebow we go against all that is Philbin and WCO.

Back
Top Bottom