Atlanta Best Beware!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta Best Beware!!!

I'm agreeing with greyboy. Division games are way more important. It doesn't mean anything if you go 10-6 and lose every divisional games, because odds are, your divisional rivals got just as many if not more wins than you. It would be nice to beat Atlanta, but I wouldn't show teams everything. The element of surprise is a very good thing. We will use this to our advantage.

My reading comprehension has never been a problem until I started responding to your comments. I am going outside to play football with my son and his friends. I am moving on. Feel free to continue without me.

Let me give a little history lesson here. In 1989 the Bengals went 5 - 1 in the division. In the same year the Steeler went 1 - 5 in the division. Who went to the playoffs? The Steelers because they finished with a 9 - 7 record while the Bengals finished 8 - 8. Lesson ... All games are important.

I'm disturbed by the number of fans that can't spell our coach's name.

My "sincerest apologies." I have corrected the mistake. So, now everyone knows who I am talking about and can reply to the thread. Thanks. :)

How do you know Miami will let everything in the bag out against Atlanta ?

It's a non division and a non conference game. Those games don't mean as much.

They could be saving things for later games, like they waited until week 3 against the Patriots last year.. Even though they worked on the Wildcat way before that in training camp.

I do not know, and did not say they will. I do expect new things, which we did not do last season. How many will be based on what we need to win the game.

Let me give a little history lesson here. In 1989 the Bengals went 5 - 1 in the division. In the same year the Steeler went 1 - 5 in the division. Who went to the playoffs? The Steelers because they finished with a 9 - 7 record while the Bengals finished 8 - 8. Lesson ... All games are important.
Sheer coincidence. We have the Patriots in our division who I expect to match us or even beat us out. Miami won the division last year because of: Conference games AND Divisional games. Had we beat the Cardinals rather than the Bills, Jets, or Patriots we would not have made the playoffs, the Patriots would have.

I think they will install the appropriate plays when they game plan for Atlanta. I think every week is going to be challenging from here on out. I also think they will break out the bag o' tricks early. The Falcon fans on that board think they should win this game, and if I were them I would think so too. Point being is that this game is a trap game for them, and I think it would be the perfect time for something nobody's seen (besides there's so many variations on any given formation that why not? plus it only adds to what the next team has to prepare for...again, why not?).

Sheer coincidence. We have the Patriots in our division who I expect to match us or even beat us out. Miami won the division last year because of: Conference games AND Divisional games. Had we beat the Cardinals rather than the Bills, Jets, or Patriots we would not have made the playoffs, the Patriots would have.

What I'm trying to say is this .... Win every game you can. Just because it's not a division game we don't try new stuff, that's stupid. You play to win the game, division foe or not.

Win or Lose I think the staff is gonna have these guys ready to ball.

What I'm trying to say is this .... Win every game you can. Just because it's not a division game we don't try new stuff, that's stupid. You play to win the game, division foe or not.
Why would we let some never before seen plays out week 1. We don't even know if we will need them. I would much rather catch New England or New york by surprise with them, and beat them by a large margin over beating Atlanta and give New England weeks to watch film on the new plays.
I understand where your coming from, but I just feel like it's more logical to go after divisional opponents with new gadget plays. Even the coaching staff has emphasized how important divisional games are to them. Beating Atlanta likely wouldn't help our cause in a tie breaker situation. If we were going to go 12-4, I'd want all for losses to be to the NFC South.

Win or Lose I think the staff is gonna have these guys ready to ball.

I agree, i think we will be ready, but i also think we are going to be in for a tough fight with them, trying to stop there high powered offense with our weak secondary we have. I hope we win, but i think we have regressed this year. I hope i'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom