Attendance this upcoming season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attendance this upcoming season.

Increase in ticket prices aren't unique to South FL, it happens everywhere.

I know that, but you can justify an increase in ticket prices when a team is winning and there is more of a reason to go to the games than when the team is losing.

A losing team + increasing ticket prices is not a good formula for attracting more fans and people to buy tickets. Yeah, the die hard fans with still buy tickets, but as for the average fan who needs motivation to buy the tickets, that doesnt work. Raising ticket prices of a 1-15 team could be a reason why the stadium was empty every week.

I didn't realize that the attendence was that bad.

All of the games were televised locally, & have been televised for a few years now.

I remember years ago they would black out the games that didn't sell out. I guess there are more TV stations willing to buy the remaining seats now. ??

I didn't realize that the attendence was that bad.

All of the games were televised locally, & have been televised for a few years now.

I remember years ago they would black out the games that didn't sell out. I guess there are more TV stations willing to buy the remaining seats now. ??

trust, they arent selling out because fans are buying up the tickets.. They sell out because the TV stations and Wayne HAVE to buy back the remaining tickets

I'll be at the SF game. My buddy down there is a Niners fan.
I'm trying to figure out what other home game I should attend.

trust, they arent selling out because fans are buying up the tickets.. They sell out because the TV stations and Wayne HAVE to buy back the remaining tickets

Maybe a solution (that's not really ever going to happen but is fun to discuss) could be to make it so that the TV stations aren't allowed to buy out the remaining seats, so that if people didn't pay to go to the games, then they were blacked out locally.

The stadium itself does'nt create an exciting energy hence the reason going becomes subconsiously irrelevant, we don't think were having an impact at the game so we actually become submissive in our seats

IMO, i've wrote and talked about this for years, Our stadium is part of the reason why we have seen our franchise melt down. The energy in our stadium cannot lift a team and MAN! is that important for everyone on so many levels.

The stadium itself does'nt create an exciting energy hence the reason going becomes subconsiously irrelevant, we don't think were having an impact at the game so we actually become submissive in our seats

IMO, i've wrote and talked about this for years, Our stadium is part of the reason why we have seen our franchise melt down. The energy in our stadium cannot lift a team and MAN! is that important for everyone on so many levels.

you mean from the fans cheering, or the way the stadium is set up?

I support my team even when they aren't playing . . . . why do u think I am on this site lol

Just because I don't go to the games . . . . doesn't mean I dont support them. I try to make one game a year . . . . the ticket prices are incredible right now . . . and in the Hi Def age . . . . do u really think I would have a better time at the stadium. Maybe I would if the ticket prices were reasonable enough for me and some friends tailgate and then watch the game inside . . . but for me and 3 close friends to go to the game . . . . we would EASILY spend about 500 bucks between the 4 of us after food, beer, parking, tickets and transportation . . . for one Sunday afternoon.

If we stay home . . . we probably spend 50 bucks between the 4 of us . . . have BBQ on the grill . . . . 24 bottles of corona . . . hi def picture on a 52 inch screen with surround sound . . . . I mean I would LOVE to go to every home game . . . but it just isn't a smart move cost wise . . . not right now. I will continue to be a loyal fan from my house.

I mean the team has to start playing better if they wanna fill the stadium every week . . . . some people, the finances aren't a problem . . . but for the average person . . . its hard to justify spending so much to watch a 1-15 team. If I had the money, i would buy season tickets . . . and this is something I really want to consider doing in the future with some friends . . . but not now.
I'm 100% with you bro :hi5:

It's easy for me to say that if I lived in Miami, I'd be at every game (assuming I could afford it), but I can't really back that up, even though I'm a diehard fan.

There are certain circumstances where I feel that not going to the games would be more productive, such as the last few years of the Wanny regime. This is a business, and one of the surest ways to get the owner's attention is to stop buying the product.

Up here in Toronto, I've seen what can happen if fans support the team "no matter what." The Leafs have done little to improve over the past decade (though they are finally getting younger) because there was no reason too. It's damn near impossible to get a regular season ticket at a reasonable price, no matter how bad they are. Why invest in change if what you have is working?

Also, most fans aren't as diehard as the season ticket holders. Many get to go to one or two games a season. A 1-15 team simply wasn't worth the price, particularly in a city were there is so much competition for the entertainment dollar (unlike buffalo).

Hopefully that makes sense. The semester is coming to an end and my mind is mush.

I support my team even when they aren't playing . . . . why do u think I am on this site lol

Just because I don't go to the games . . . . doesn't mean I dont support them. I try to make one game a year . . . . the ticket prices are incredible right now . . . and in the Hi Def age . . . . do u really think I would have a better time at the stadium. Maybe I would if the ticket prices were reasonable enough for me and some friends tailgate and then watch the game inside . . . but for me and 3 close friends to go to the game . . . . we would EASILY spend about 500 bucks between the 4 of us after food, beer, parking, tickets and transportation . . . for one Sunday afternoon.

If we stay home . . . we probably spend 50 bucks between the 4 of us . . . have BBQ on the grill . . . . 24 bottles of corona . . . hi def picture on a 52 inch screen with surround sound . . . . I mean I would LOVE to go to every home game . . . but it just isn't a smart move cost wise . . . not right now. I will continue to be a loyal fan from my house.

I mean the team has to start playing better if they wanna fill the stadium every week . . . . some people, the finances aren't a problem . . . but for the average person . . . its hard to justify spending so much to watch a 1-15 team. If I had the money, i would buy season tickets . . . and this is something I really want to consider doing in the future with some friends . . . but not now.
Well said...except for the corona part. You're a phin fan, so I know you have better taste than that. :lol:

That Cowboy game was so bad. I was embarassed to high hell. To travel all the way down to FL and then experience **** like that. :rolleyes2:

Win and the fans come. It's a simple concept and it isn't just in Florida

Come on people, get out there and go to the games and support the team. If I lived down there, I would be at every Fins game, regardless of how good or bad we are. Even when your team is really bad, nothing is as embarrassing as having your own stadium filled with visitor fans. Get out there, go to the games and support the Fins. Its time to make Dolphins Stadium a feared place to play.

Wrong. They've sold out plenty of times.

They sell out because the TV stations and Wayne HAVE to buy back the remaining tickets, not because the fans buy them. Every game last year the stadium was only half full, thats cause Wayne was holding the rest of the unpurchased tickets... Its like treasury stock

Back
Top Bottom