Auburn Bama game has truckload of players I would love to see with aqua on next year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn Bama game has truckload of players I would love to see with aqua on next year

I'm not an Alabama fan and I think the argument is pretty silly and most likely fueled by the typical hatred for the top dog more than anything. When you are amongst the top schools sending players to the NFL, you're going to have the most busts. You're also more likely to produce the most MVPs (second only to Notre Dame), that despite the fact that they don't produce many NFL QBs anymore outside of backups like McCarron (QBs being the typical favorite for MVP). They also have the 4th highest number of players in the NFL, behind USC, Miami, and LSU. Those three other schools have produced some crap too, but nobody is knocking the school because none of them have been ruling college football the past few years.

For the record, I'm an ASU fan, but you won't find me pumping up Taylor Kelly (though I would love Strong on the Phins, but that has nothing to do with me being a fan of ASU).

Dammitt..Gonzo....stop being level headed and fair minded..You know that s*** doesn't fly on Finheaven.

Well, if you are Texas fan, its the Longhorns. An SC fan; its the Trojans. Don't even get me started about byu.

Interestingly, you Bama fans are sensitive & touchy about the legacy in Tuscaloosa as they are in Provo.

Perhaps we just know what that legacy is. It comes off rather disengenuous to listen to folks who pretend they don’t even know what that legacy is to criticize it. The point is, there is no program whose players don’t come with injuries, or doesn’t have players who don’t live up to the hype. It’s football… injuries happen.

You see, there’s truth and there’s myth. The truth is, NFL scouts adore Alabama players because of the way they play through injuries. The proof is in the pudding…. the myth is in these articles. Show me a program whose players don’t play through injuries and/or lack the toughness to do so, and I’ll show you a program who can’t win anything.

If there’s a perception that Alabama’s players come with injuries moreso than most, it’s because their season is always longer than most everybody else’s. An SEC schedule, SEC Championship Games, national title games, and bowl games in general take their toll. Not to mention how physically demanding Saban’s practices are. Alabama’s athletes are bigger, stronger, faster, and more physical than a lot of programs. This leads to more violent collisions, and injuries in practice

There’s a reason why an Alabama player is usually winning Rookie of the Year, or has a player in contention for the award. It’s due to the fact that Alabama sends players to the NFL more pro ready on a more consistent basis. Saban developes players in college. A lot of programs out there that recruit well don’t. Sometimes to the extent that they’re maxed out in college under Saban. Which is a testament to his abilities as a coach, evaluator, and developer of talent.

If the NFL didn’t like it, they’d stay away. But that doesn’t appear to be the case does it? Again, one is myth.. the other is truth. The truth being, Alabama has more NFL scouts on campus in Tuscaloosa than any other place in the country on a consistent basis. Hell, it’s a full time job just trying to keep the agents at bay.

Alabama’s been doing this a long time. From Don Hutson to Bart Starr to Kenny Stabler to Ozzie Newsome to John Hannah to Dwight Stephenson to Derrick Thomas to Cornelius Bennett to Shawn Alexander to Julio Jones to Eddie Lacy to C.J. Mosley.

Some of the best players Don Shula ever had for the Dolphins were from Alabama. He built the “Killer B’s” around Bob Baumhower and a handful of other SEC players like Jake Scott and A.J. Duhe.

I'm not an Alabama fan and I think the argument is pretty silly and most likely fueled by the typical hatred for the top dog more than anything. When you are amongst the top schools sending players to the NFL, you're going to have the most busts. You're also more likely to produce the most MVPs (second only to Notre Dame), that despite the fact that they don't produce many NFL QBs anymore outside of backups like McCarron (QBs being the typical favorite for MVP). They also have the 4th highest number of players in the NFL, behind USC, Miami, and LSU. Those three other schools have produced some crap too, but nobody is knocking the school because none of them have been ruling college football the past few years.

For the record, I'm an ASU fan, but you won't find me pumping up Taylor Kelly (though I would love Strong on the Phins, but that has nothing to do with me being a fan of ASU).

You nailed it right here with the bolded sentence. That's just the price you pay for being on top. Heavy is the head that wears the crown...

Alabama players have left a lot to be desired.

Great counter argument. You've convinced me.

I made my arguments prior in this thread. Plus, I have linked two articles that articulate what I am trying to say.

Go draft Alabama players at your risk. You buying high end models with lots of miles on the odometer.

TJ Yeldon is going to be a steal for whoever gets him b/c this draft is loaded with top RB talent. He has incredible feet and balance and has the size to handle the carries in the NFL.

Sammy Coates has talent (size/speed combo) but his game doesn't translate to the NFL game because his route running is worse than Mike Wallace's.....but Wallace is faster. Sammy mainly runs verticals. He struggled this year b/c after the knee injury, he didn't have that explosion or separation.

I made my arguments prior in this thread. Plus, I have linked two articles that articulate what I am trying to say.

Go draft Alabama players at your risk. You buying high end models with lots of miles on the odometer.

Thank god we missed out on that Julio Jones chump that I'm watching tonight. What a clunker. Clearly peaked years ago.

This thread leaves a lot to be desired. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...4/24/kiper-many-bama-stars-nfl-busts/8084363/

Trent Richardson
Mark Barron
Dre Kirkpatrick
Terrence Cody
Cyrus Kouandijo
A.J. McCarron

Think how many have injuries once in the league?

Some have huge names, but are "meh" in the league.

Eddie lacy
Julio jones
Cj Mosley
Rolando McClain
Haha Clinton Dix
James carpenter
Mark Ingram
Donta Hightower
Marcell Dareus
Chance warmack
Rashad Johnson
Courtney upshaw