Auburn Bama game has truckload of players I would love to see with aqua on next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn Bama game has truckload of players I would love to see with aqua on next year

And yet, Trent Richardson has become the poster boy for not drafting Alabama players. It's silly. It reminds me of when people are adverse to drafting Stanford players simply because Jon Martin went there.

Rolando McClain is the best defensive player for the Cowboys. Period. His play was the biggest factor in the Cowboys defensive turnaround from being one of the worst defenses in NFL history last year.

McClain's turnaround is a great story. It obviously took him a while to become the player I thought he would be...having quit football and all before signing with the Cowboys. But the defensive turnaround is not because of McClain...it's because they got rid of Rob Ryan and got a new DC that wasn't all talk. Doesn't take away from his great play but to give him sole credit is you being a Bama fan.

Oh No...We couldn't use a T.J. Yeldon,Amarie Cooper or a Landon Collins..at all....

I think the highest profile failures from Alabama have been Richardson, Ingram, and McLain (until this year). The fact that McLain played bad and went crazy was another knock, justified or not. All that said, you can't discount a player with tools no matter where he's from. Some programs are known for producing more polished, NFL ready players, but if a dude meets your needs I'll draft him from SE Neverwinner Tech.

Alabama players are so overrated during the draft process. They never amount to what people think they will at the next level. Plus, they are damaged goods after their coach is done with them.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...4/24/kiper-many-bama-stars-nfl-busts/8084363/

Trent Richardson
Mark Barron
Dre Kirkpatrick
Terrence Cody
Cyrus Kouandijo
A.J. McCarron

Think how many have injuries once in the league?

Some have huge names, but are "meh" in the league.

Agreed; They rarely live up to the hype. Unless you are Ozzie Newsome.

That said, Everyone is over looking the 2 most obvious... Cameron Artis-Payne & Casanova McKinzy.

Everyone is anxious to hear which program it is whose players aren't overrated, have no medical histories, and always live up to whatever their NFL hype was. We're waiting...

Agreed; They rarely live up to the hype. Unless you are Ozzie Newsome.

So either you're a Hall of Famer, or you didn't live up to the hype. Tell us which program it is that meets this standard.

Ozzie Newsome isn't even close to being the best NFL player from Alabama.... and he's in the Hall of Fame.

So either you're a Hall of Famer, or you didn't live up to the hype. Tell us which program it is that meets this standard.

Ozzie Newsome isn't even close to being the best NFL player from Alabama.... and he's in the Hall of Fame.

Well, if you are Texas fan, its the Longhorns. An SC fan; its the Trojans. Don't even get me started about byu.

Interestingly, you Bama fans are sensitive & touchy about the legacy in Tuscaloosa as they are in Provo.

I don't see anything wrong with drafting Alabama football players. I think the only thing you have to watch out for with them is if they've already hit their ceilings or not, and that's especially true for their defensive players. They're so well coached on the defensive side of the football that they sometimes don't have as much development left once they get to the NFL level. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing because they can usually contribute right away but it also makes it dangerous to overdraft them. If you're taking an Bama LBer (or any DEF pos) in the 2nd or 3rd round just because they're Bama players even though they're more of a 4th or 5th round talent type of prospect then sure, you might end up being disappointed.

Holliman. The best FS in the draft. Certainly a position of need quite possibly.

I wouldn't put him over Landon Collins. Gerod has the best pure FS skills in the draft but as the season went along he got more and more averse to tackling (to the point were on some run plays he didn't want any part of it). U of L's defense became suspect to edge runs because of it too. I think Collins is more of a do everything type of safety and a safer pick.

Well, if you are Texas fan, its the Longhorns. An SC fan; its the Trojans. Don't even get me started about byu.

Interestingly, you Bama fans are sensitive & touchy about the legacy in Tuscaloosa as they are in Provo.

I'm not an Alabama fan and I think the argument is pretty silly and most likely fueled by the typical hatred for the top dog more than anything. When you are amongst the top schools sending players to the NFL, you're going to have the most busts. You're also more likely to produce the most MVPs (second only to Notre Dame), that despite the fact that they don't produce many NFL QBs anymore outside of backups like McCarron (QBs being the typical favorite for MVP). They also have the 4th highest number of players in the NFL, behind USC, Miami, and LSU. Those three other schools have produced some crap too, but nobody is knocking the school because none of them have been ruling college football the past few years.

For the record, I'm an ASU fan, but you won't find me pumping up Taylor Kelly (though I would love Strong on the Phins, but that has nothing to do with me being a fan of ASU).

Back
Top Bottom