Austin Hooper | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Hooper

not excitig but I understand if we make the move. I would prefer a real upgrade here when we can.

I seem to recall that Alec Ingold was also wasting his time at the Raiders before coming to Miami. Some of these low downside decent opportunities come off. Hooper was an emerging TE at the Falcons not so long ago.

Eh I'm not too big on this unless it's vet minimum. He has been a disappointment after his couple good seasons in Atl and even then he had Julio, Ridley, and Sanu opening things up in the middle and Ryan could still sling it.

You guys realize Hooper was the NFL's highest paid TE not too long ago AND he doesn't do so well vs. man coverage. Pretty good against zone, however.

While the premise of the article is dandy, I wonder if we have interest due to monetary restraints, despite what the capologist says.

I would think Denver would be a more likely landing spot.

Last year I wanted us to draft LaPorta but of course we never had the chance.....this year I'd like for us to draft Ben Sinnott but I'm hoping we trade down from 21 and get a 3rd round pick cause that's where I'd draft Sinnott

If our OL were better (I still think a major weak link) would our TE need to be a strong blocker? If blocking were not as needed, could we focus on a receiving TE?
This is such a false narrative. Yes our blocking sucks. But most the time (unless 21/22 personal) the TE doesn't pass block. Of the 493 pass playes Smythe was on the field for he was running pass routes on 400 of those.

Issue is that 2 folded. 1 Smythe just doesn't often get open, limited from an athletic stand point in his routes. The other issue is a lot of the TE routes are a bit longer developing. Like he chip blocker then releases to areas that the WRs have cleared. These take time, time our OL doesn't allow for the QB.

This is such a false narrative. Yes our blocking sucks. But most the time (unless 21/22 personal) the TE doesn't pass block. Of the 493 pass playes Smythe was on the field for he was running pass routes on 400 of those.

Issue is that 2 folded. 1 Smythe just doesn't often get open, limited from an athletic stand point in his routes. The other issue is a lot of the TE routes are a bit longer developing. Like he chip blocker then releases to areas that the WRs have cleared. These take time, time our OL doesn't allow for the QB.
That's the facts, Jack. _ LOL

Currently, a TE is not involved as we basically don't have one. I like the Longhorns TE Sanders at our second pick. Dude is a beast.

He would command a lot of attention, which for this offense, would be the main objective.

Hard to imagine he lasts til 55 though. I’d part with some 2025 picks to move up a few spots and snag him.

I do believe there will be a lot of veteran TEs who will be foaming at the mouth to join this squad.

Back
Top Bottom