Bad News For NE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad News For NE

I actually picked Gronk first pick in my fantasy draft because 9 years running whoever I pick in the first gets hurt for the year. Started out he was out and he will finish out. The year Brady got knocked out for the year I took him first overall.

Gronks most recent injury stems from a hit he took from Seattle's Earl Thomas, not from anything that occurred in the Jet's game.

I don't think that's right...the hit he took from earl was a chest injury

he ran a vertical vs the jets ball overthrown and took an awkward step and was done

I actually picked Gronk first pick in my fantasy draft because 9 years running whoever I pick in the first gets hurt for the year. Started out he was out and he will finish out. The year Brady got knocked out for the year I took him first overall.

And you haven't drafted Brady first since??? What is wrong with you? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Gronk not playing likely the rest of the year and Brady playing with injury, the PaTs will limp into the playoffs. We have a decent shot to give them a run.
The Raiders are not dominant and neither is the rest of the AFC.
If we can continue to improve, we could surprise some people.

@Son of Shula I know he took a friendly bump vs Seattle but I thought this injury was from the jets or at the very least aggravated to an even more serious injury against the Jets. I find it hard to believe they played him with a ruptured disc going into the jets game after being checked by the doctors 2 weeks before that game. (He sat out the week before against the 49ers).

Edit: You can't rule out the factor that he could have eaten some New York garbage food while staying there for the Jets game, which in that case I still give the Jets the credit.

Injuries are part of the game. Miami has had a ton. Don't like to see injuries, opponent or not. The goal is to be good and beat teams with their full complement of talent. Hoping for other teams to be hurt is a crutch, IMO.

If another team was happy about our injuries (Jones, Misi, Pouncey, the list is endless), I would feel the same about them.

I disagree...the goal is to win...period. I don't recall anybody from Miami saying, "man I hope Gronk gets hurt," so how could that be a crutch? If some fans are happy he's out (of which, there are countless), that doesn't mean jack.

I look more forward to playing them w/o him than with...just how it is...injuries happen. They don't have any issue playing us w/o the best 5 OL, nor take it easy on their replacements.

I'd comfortably say most people outside chowdah land aren't hurt by this.

Unfortunately this also improves Denver's chances against them.

It might actually change our path to the playoffs from wildcard to division. WC gets harder, division becomes just a bit easier.

I'm 10 weeks post op from a 4 disc laminectomy and discectomy if he has this procedure he isn't playing in 8 weeks. Even a just discectomy they don't let you lift anything heavier than 10lbs because the high risk of herniation. A microdiscectomy he might be able to play in 8 weeks.

The Pats have The Rams and Jets at home left on the schedule. I don't see us taking the division unless we won out.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

This might actually hurt us. Gronk may not of played vs us anyays. Now he doesn't play against the Ravens or Broncos either.

In before the inevitable "that's too bad, we have to face them at full strength to see if we're really playoff material" spiel.

Back
Top Bottom