Bad Win? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad Win?

Aqua Man

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
So I've spent the last few days lamenting the fact that our Defense looked COMPLETELY overmatched in the passing game and that it took a missed FG for Miami to come away with a win. Hell, at one point yesterday my wife had enough of my complaining and shot back at me: "Give me a break! You're acting like Miami lost!"

Now, while I'm still extremely troubled by our defensive liabilities, I've tried to look at the win from a glass half full perspective, and it lead me to realize this simple truth: the Charger team we just beat, was coming off a tough road loss in Denver in which they had a chance to kick a FG and take the Broncos to OT. That's the same Denver team that just put an absolute curb stomping on Dallas. While LA is now 0-2, they've lost a 3 point game on the road vs arguably the best D in the NFL and a 2 point game to a team that's won 10 outta 12 regular season games. Long story short: I think it's honestly a tougher win than we're giving Miami credit for.

There's no such thing as a bad win especially when you only play 16 games. Sure, it wasn't "pretty" but sometimes you gotta win 'em like that. The D obviously needs some work but I'm liking how they kept the Chargers ground game in check other than one decent run. We're going to need our offense to finish it's drives, and I'm sure that'll get done starting against the Jets. It's always nice to have things to work on like this after a close W that's for sure.

There's a website full of apologists somewhere, I'm thankful it's not here. You win your opening game, you have some teachable flaws, and we have some things we will just have to learn to live with. Thankfully, learning after a win feels so much better than learning after a loss.

I wouldn't feel any damn better if we played great and lost.

A win is a win. Gase has infused this team with a positive expectation of success, which I truly believe has reversed the karma of years of losing games like this. Winning a game we could have as easily lost builds confidence and team cohesion, so in that respect also, I look at this win as a strong building block.

Could you imagine life on Finheaven if they made the field goal and we lost by 1..? Most people here would be yelling, screaming and asking for everyone to be fired...

I'll take THAT bad win every Sunday. Feels just as good to win by 1 as it does by 10. We have ALOT to look forward to. Ajayi is a superstar IMO and Parker is about to be up there. We basically had the same Lbing corp as last year which explains the easy drags and slants. Very annoying for Chargers fans but we've had our fair share of disappointments. What Dolphin fan ever thought they'd say they love Cody Parkey again lol

Random thoughts:

We have a lot to work on but we also have a lot to work with, especially on offense.

Their is room for improvement on the OL and that could come with some cohesion. It might not.

Jay Ajayi was close to breaking free on a lot of his 7,8,9 yard runs.

Parker, Landry and Stills are an awesome trio but a few more of Landry's receptions need to be made by the other two. Can't blame Cutler for taking the easy receptions in his first game of the season and Bosa/Ingram on the other side. Sky's the limit for the offense if they actually improve as the season goes a long and they stay healthy.
Good: Your kicker is a weapon
Bad: Your kicker had to bail you out

I am not ready to talk about the defense.

Considering these were the type of games we used to lose all the time...i'll take it.....Hell,..I'll take 15 more bad wins.

a win is never bad but not all wins are created equal....

you win games like this and wind up with a wildcard spot and getting blown out in the playoffs but at least we got a win against san diego right?

i love me a week 1 w but if you walk away from that game thinking we're "A OK" then you're just fooling yourself....call it a bad win, call it an ugly win, they're both the same damn thing....i feel much better winning a game like that on the road in our first game than i would had that been a home game....

on to the jets

Back
Top Bottom