Bad Win? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad Win?

Hoping for 19 bad wins this year.

tumblr_mvv4mylZkT1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

I hated watching our defense last week. William Hayes and Suh were the only players that weren't awful. That being said we gave up 17pts to the Chargers in LA. The week before that same offense scored 21 on he Broncos in Denver. When you give up 17 against anyone in today's NFL it wasn't a bad day.

OP would be miserable watching games with.

For the record, I'm absolutely miserable to watch a game with. I watch them alone as often as possible. Not because I freak out and act like a maniac, but because I have zero tolerance in making small talk or focusing on anything but the game.

And for the record, my OP was basically pointing out that this shouldn't be looked at as a "bad win". Surprised how many people missed that. I'll take a win ANY way Miami can get one.

So I've spent the last few days lamenting the fact that our Defense looked COMPLETELY overmatched in the passing game and that it took a missed FG for Miami to come away with a win. Hell, at one point yesterday my wife had enough of my complaining and shot back at me: "Give me a break! You're acting like Miami lost!"

Now, while I'm still extremely troubled by our defensive liabilities, I've tried to look at the win from a glass half full perspective, and it lead me to realize this simple truth: the Charger team we just beat, was coming off a tough road loss in Denver in which they had a chance to kick a FG and take the Broncos to OT. That's the same Denver team that just put an absolute curb stomping on Dallas. While LA is now 0-2, they've lost a 3 point game on the road vs arguably the best D in the NFL and a 2 point game to a team that's won 10 outta 12 regular season games. Long story short: I think it's honestly a tougher win than we're giving Miami credit for.

yup, any win on the road in the NFL is big. considering the circumstances of the last few weeks, that win is huge.

Take the win and run......nothing bad about it.

For the record, I'm absolutely miserable to watch a game with. I watch them alone as often as possible. Not because I freak out and act like a maniac, but because I have zero tolerance in making small talk or focusing on anything but the game.

And for the record, my OP was basically pointing out that this shouldn't be looked at as a "bad win". Surprised how many people missed that. I'll take a win ANY way Miami can get one.

Honestly, I hate watching with a certain friend because he wants to small talk the entire game ugh!

But no, I get the OP, but if you're wife has to tell you to chill, then there's still issues lol.

I think it was a good win. There are issues on defense, as we all know, but it's week one, playing across the country in SD's home opener. Tough times, but we got a win and I think getting a win under the circumstances we got is is good. One NEVER knows how an opening game will go. Get the win, get back, check out the tape, make adjustments, do the best possible to improve.
Also- we can go on about the San Diego kicker's mistake, and single out that play as to why we won, but there were tons of plays in that game that affected the outcome. If Cutler doesn't miss that TD pass to Landry, that last second field goal is irrelevent. So it wasn't the reason we won. It was just one play that happened to be the last in the game.

The year the Patriots won their 1st superbowl, the games were almost all close (Almost aways, ended with agame winning FG), and many of those had some luck or controversy work in their favor, including a game in the playoffs against the Raiders... I am sure the fans had no problem winning those games each week to the superbowl.

To take a Famous Raiders Al Davis phrase- Just win baby!!!

AFAIC, New England beat both Seattle and Atlanta with "bad wins." But nevertheless, they were the SB Champion twice!

Would the SD kicker miss a 44 yarder the next time? Possibly not? Would Seattle have run Lynch or Atlanta have ground out the clock? Probably. But the win/loss/championship record books don't make that distinction and neither should we!

Honestly, I hate watching with a certain friend because he wants to small talk the entire game ugh!

But no, I get the OP, but if you're wife has to tell you to chill, then there's still issues lol.

Oh I definitely need to lighten up. For instance: My entire family are Dolphin fans and I have a rule in place if the Dolphins ever make a Super Bowl again. I will be getting a hotel room to watch the game completely by myself, phone turned off. If the Dolphins lose, I'll stay in the hotel by myself, lick my wounds, and return to normal life the next day. Should the Dolphins win, I call my family and fellow Dolphin fans, tell them where I'm staying, and we party all night long.

Most people want to throw a SB party when their team makes it to the big game. I cant fathom having a room full of talking people while I'm trying to watch the Dolphins in the SB. My brain simply cannot process such a scenario.

Most people want to throw a SB party when their team makes it to the big game. I cant fathom having a room full of talking people while I'm trying to watch the Dolphins in the SB. My brain simply cannot process such a scenario.

I totally get this.

Oh I definitely need to lighten up. For instance: My entire family are Dolphin fans and I have a rule in place if the Dolphins ever make a Super Bowl again. I will be getting a hotel room to watch the game completely by myself, phone turned off. If the Dolphins lose, I'll stay in the hotel by myself, lick my wounds, and return to normal life the next day. Should the Dolphins win, I call my family and fellow Dolphin fans, tell them where I'm staying, and we party all night long.

I get you main, I dont know the last SB I actually got to 'watch'!

Back
Top Bottom