Baker wants to be a dolphin | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker wants to be a dolphin

I'm not saying to dump Tannehill, he's definitely the starting QB in 2018. I'm saying it's not a bad idea to draft a QB early because at the very least we could a potential very good backup. No one on our team is irreplaceable, including Tannehill.

It's starting to feel like the chiefs with Alex Smith, delaying the inevitable of just moving on from Tannehill.

And yes this is a team sport but teams need leaders to take them to the next level, not sure Tannehill is that guy to win us a superbowl and I'm tired of just being a middle of the pack football team. Other teams don't fear Tannehill, they don't worry about leaving too much time on the clock for him, defense coordinators don't lose sleep over him.

Is Tannehill even better than Tyrod Taylor? You can make that argument either way.

You have no idea what other teams think or feel. LOL at Tyrod Taylor.

Drafting a QB in the first or second round is a terrible idea UNLESS they have already decided to move on from Tannehill. I'll prove to you that using a 1st or 2nd round pick on a backup QB is an incredibly stupid idea. What would your reaction be to the Dolphins TRADING a 1st or 2nd round pick for a QB that they intended to keep only as a backup. This message board would lose their minds and rightfully so.

If KC dumps Smith and Mahomes tanks, heads will roll in KC but that is exactly what I am talking about. They look like they are moving on from Smith before Mahomes has done anything in the NFL, because that is exactly what teams do. That is exactly what I am talking about. Smith had a very good season. It doesn't matter. They made the decision last offseason to go in another direction when they drafted Mahomes.

Right now I am ok with Mayfield at 11...Actually, I would be rather happy about it. This has little to do with Tannehill's ability which I think is very good, but more about his knee. It could never be an issue, but the last thing you want is to be stuck looking for a QB in a draft (next year) that offers almost nothing and having to settle for whatever there is just to say you are trying to find a replacement. This is a very good QB class and Mayfield is in the middle of that.

You have no idea what other teams think or feel. LOL at Tyrod Taylor.

Drafting a QB in the first or second round is a terrible idea UNLESS they have already decided to move on from Tannehill. I'll prove to you that using a 1st or 2nd round pick on a backup QB is an incredibly stupid idea. What would your reaction be to the Dolphins TRADING a 1st or 2nd round pick for a QB that they intended to keep only as a backup. This message board would lose their minds and rightfully so.

If KC dumps Smith and Mahomes tanks, heads will roll in KC but that is exactly what I am talking about. They look like they are moving on from Smith before Mahomes has done anything in the NFL, because that is exactly what teams do. That is exactly what I am talking about. Smith had a very good season. It doesn't matter. They made the decision last offseason to go in another direction when they drafted Mahomes.

You laugh at the Tyrod Taylor part but look at his numbers against Miami and look at Tannehill against the bills. Similar win percentage, both made playoffs once. Tannehill has more garbage time fantasy stats but Taylor protects the ball better. Both have similar QB rating.

And obviously if we draft a QB in the first or 2nd round then that said QB would the QB of the future and give Tannehill competition and not strictly a backup. He would probably be a backup initallly to give Tannehill the start in 2018.

And yes I have a good idea what others think of Tannehill. Here are two writers from NFL.com who both have Miami taking QB's in round one. What does that say about Tannehill? When NFL defenses continually to stack the box against us, what does that say?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-mock-draft-10-darnold-barkley-bolster-browns

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ck-draft-10-browns-jets-fins-redskins-take-qb

You're content with being mediocre, I get it. Tannehill looks the part (athletic strong arm, tall) but hasn't shown enough to actually play the part.

I don't mind taking the Ron Wolf philosophy and drafting a QB every year...at the very least, you strike gold every few years and can spin a guy off for a 2nd rounder or two to pack the coffers up....assuming you have the personnel department to take advantage of that.

ATM, I think Fales will be the backup since he's familiar with the system. There's a reason he played that last game and didn't completely fail at it.

So, all I see us doing is upgading from Doughty as a developmental QB. Someone with better physical tools.

Fales is done here
Doughty being anything but PS is a ?
Moore will move on
Tannehill's knee is really the only concern, we'd have made playoffsome this year and possibly still kept Ajayi.
Don't want a QB high in the draft.

I’ve been going back and forth on this. I’m starting to think the best case scenario would be for Mayfield to be available and hope a team is willing to throw out the trade value chart and overpay for Miami’s 1st round pick. But if there are no great offers I’d pull the trigger and draft Mayfield.

I’ve been going back and forth on this. I’m starting to think the best case scenario would be for Mayfield to be available and hope a team is willing to throw out the trade value chart and overpay for Miami’s 1st round pick. But if there are no great offers I’d pull the trigger and draft Mayfield.

Would you trade with Buffalo for 21 & 22 knowing we have to play Mayfield twice a year?

Would be like swapping Trumaine Edmunds for Billy Price and Mark Andrews.

I love Mark Andrews but god damn that's not worth it. Playing Baker Mayfield twice a year and all you get out of the deal is Billy Price?

I love Mark Andrews but god damn that's not worth it. Playing Baker Mayfield twice a year and all you get out of the deal is Billy Price?

What if the trade yields Lamar Jackson and Will Hernandez?

What if the trade yields Lamar Jackson and Will Hernandez?

Not a big enough fan of Lamar Jackson to be consoled by that.

Basically I would do whatever I could to thwart Baker Mayfield heading to Buffalo, including taking him myself.

I'm staying a few miles away from Mayday.

Awesome for Miami if he goes to NYJ/Buf. Miami needs Baker to go top 10.

I hope I'm wrong about him...I could use the balance.

I would consider a trade up for Rosen/Darnold/Allen and let the show start all over.

Then again, some how scoring Edmunds (later I would take his brother, just because their dad was a Dolphin) or Derwin James at #11 could be cool.

Back
Top Bottom