Barry Jackson: Detailed FA Talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Detailed FA Talk

Miami is on the up, and has the 3rd most FA money available with the most draft ammo. That's a great job by the office and coaching staff.

Miami is on the up, and has the 3rd most FA money available with the most draft ammo. That's a great job by the office and coaching staff.

As long as our FA class doesn't look like this year's.

The offseason should be interesting. If cards are played right, miami is a playoff team next year.

Like signing ten or more FAs and having none of them currently on the roster.

You mean signing and cutting players with very liltle risk to the team? Somehow Im failing to see your logic.

Honestly, Miami is going to be fine. The WR situation is nearly impossible to foul up here, unless Greg Jennings absolutely tanks.

Like signing ten or more FAs and having none of them currently on the roster.

cmon now he signed those guys for the hell of it lol. Im thinking we will spend money and the new contract basically forces us to if im not mistaken. Amazing how Cinny has so much money and are a playoff team.
we have had money to spend in the Ireland era and a damn good amount of draft picks so color me unexcited, but I do love pleasnt suprises

very interesting read indeed...can dump marshall and create more cap space...something i would seriously consider...if not a restructure at least at a cheaper rate...miami better be careful at right tackle in free agency...please don't pay the waist bender phil loadholt good money to come here...$4.6 mil for dmitri patterson??? that's got to be a typo...how much did cleveland pay that guy if miami picked up that contract

got to like that of the teams with the most money miami is the likely only one that would invest big money in a wr...might mean our competition for one is less...those other teams have young talent they believe in

Indy is likely going to rival Miami for a big name FA WR

Indy is likely going to rival Miami for a big name FA WR

why would you say that??? they got wayne and hilton and brazwell who they like and at te they got fleener and allen...indy needs to focus on d...draft and free agency...

You mean signing and cutting players with very liltle risk to the team? Somehow Im failing to see your logic.

Honestly, Miami is going to be fine. The WR situation is nearly impossible to foul up here, unless Greg Jennings absolutely tanks.
Then why sign them to begin with? It's a waste of money when we could sign guys that could actually contribute. But as above, so below I guess.

very interesting read indeed...can dump marshall and create more cap space...something i would seriously consider...if not a restructure at least at a cheaper rate...miami better be careful at right tackle in free agency...please don't pay the waist bender phil loadholt good money to come here...$4.6 mil for dmitri patterson??? that's got to be a typo...how much did cleveland pay that guy if miami picked up that contract

got to like that of the teams with the most money miami is the likely only one that would invest big money in a wr...might mean our competition for one is less...those other teams have young talent they believe in

Hoops, I think Garner has played admirably in place of Martin at RT, IMHO Garner isn't a bad option to have and think Miami should resign him. He's finally been healthy this year and truly has held his own these past 3 games. I wouldn't drop a load of money on a RT in F/A, when the answer is quite possibly Nate Garner himself. I'd rather look for a RT in the upcoming draft. Whatta think?

Hoops, I think Garner has played admirably in place of Martin at RT, IMHO Garner isn't a bad option to have and think Miami should resign him. He's finally been healthy this year and truly has held his own these past 3 games. I wouldn't drop a load of money on a RT in F/A, when the answer is quite possibly Nate Garner himself. I'd rather look for a RT in the upcoming draft. Whatta think?

yeah garners held up solid so far...not sure i see it as a long term success though...but yeah i'd bring garner back as depth at least next season...john jerry has right tackle feet also which means he could swing out there if need be in a pinch...as for the draft i like the tackle class but to get a good one you probably got to burn a top 50 pick on the position if you want a day 1 starter...

right tackle is usually an easy find off someones vet cuts before free agency anyways...always some long in the tooth vet tackle out there that can give you a season if you need to buy time...

i'd sniff vollmers market in free agency if we let long go to see what kind of loot he's looking for...likely pricey coming off this season and you never know when his back will give out again which has been a major issue for him the last few years...

and of course you could resign jake long to a team friendly deal if he'll bite and kick him over to the right side...if he came back i'd do that anyways...give the left tackle job to jon martin going forward

Back
Top Bottom