Barry Jackson.. Miami herald ..remaining pro bowlers need to step it up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson.. Miami herald ..remaining pro bowlers need to step it up

i'd have to think if pouncey was to return they'd demand a significant pay cut as in more than half

the medical on him would spook other teams contract value wise...so if Miami does bring him back use it to your advantage and demand a serious salary cut

I don't think i'd want to keep a player around who can't practice. it's really showing up as problem for this line that there is no cohesion, and pouncy practicing one day a week to extend his playing career is not helping.

I don't think i'd want to keep a player around who can't practice. it's really showing up as problem for this line that there is no cohesion, and pouncy practicing one day a week to extend his playing career is not helping.
Totally agree. The one time the o-line did a very good job this season was when Pouncey went out in the falcons game. He doesn't practice and over the years you hear coaches telling us that for the o-line to be good they need to practice and play together as much as possible. Last year the falcons had a great O-line.....why? because all 5 guys started every game and they practiced together every week and I agree with other posters that Gase seems to be in love with the guy and maybe he's a cool guy and maybe he really cares but I'm a cool guy too and really care but I couldn't not block anyone in the NFL. It's time to move on

Ozzy rules!!

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
Kenny Stills and Anthony Fasano and Mike Pouncey are guys who are prepared and lead in a positive way in practice according to Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase

Interesting no Landry mentioned-Gase is pressing his will and trying to make some points- will see how the team responds.

Joe Schad‏Verified account @schadjoe 8m8 minutes ago
Kenny Stills and Anthony Fasano and Mike Pouncey are guys who are prepared and lead in a positive way in practice according to Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase

Interesting no Landry mentioned-Gase is pressing his will and trying to make some points- will see how the team responds.
I am curious to see if Carroo can slowly begin to eat in Landrys production. Carroo looked good a few times at Baltimore and apparently his issues have been mentally learning all the routes, these last 9 games will be very telling at next year's plans.

2 things can happen:

1. Gase becomes the most hated guy in the locker room and gets the Josh McDaniels treatment. .. Gets fired and we start from scratch.

2. Players believe in the system and actually put in the work (film study, etc) even in a losing effort. Then we are headed in the right direction.

I don't know what game film Gase is looking at that is telling him Pouncey is helping this team. I see zero push in the run game and no powerful force in pass blocking coming from the middle of the line. I don't see Pouncey getting to the second level like he used to pre injury. If you watch the second half of the Falcon game it's obvious that Brendel added a spark to the line. They practice with Brendel all the time so it only makes sense that they would play well together. Pouncey is a shell of the player he used to be, typical Dolphin luck, we lost the great, Dwight Stephenson pretty fast also.

I don't know what game film Gase is looking at that is telling him Pouncey is helping this team. I see zero push in the run game and no powerful force in pass blocking coming from the middle of the line. I don't see Pouncey getting to the second level like he used to pre injury. If you watch the second half of the Falcon game it's obvious that Brendel added a spark to the line. They practice with Brendel all the time so it only makes sense that they would play well together. Pouncey is a shell of the player he used to be, typical Dolphin luck, we lost the great, Dwight Stephenson pretty fast also.

Back
Top Bottom