Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins

I feel like that almost forces Miami to take a DT early. Grier must feel confident he can fill that void.

I think Miami has done some good things. Brewer, Brooks, Smith at TE and Poyer.

But let's not pretend that more talent hasn't left the building.
seems like we will go into the draft needing DT and center/guard

Agree. I'd place guard a little higher than tackle with Armstead coming back. Plus, I do wonder if Keion Smith could be the long-term answer at LT.

If Mims is there, his ceiling is so high that he could be worth it. Not sure if he could play LG for a year and then take over for Armstead.

Having a mediocre defensive line could cost Miami a playoff chance in 2024. The AFC is loaded. So, DT might be the Dolphins biggest need as of mid March.

I feel like that almost forces Miami to take a DT early. Grier must feel confident he can fill that void.

I think Miami has done some good things. Brewer, Brooks, Smith at TE and Poyer.

But let's not pretend that more talent hasn't left the building.
I don’t think Wilkins , Gink, Jones, Elliot, and Hunts talent outweighs who we’ve brought in.

Unfortunate truth:

"Let’s be real about this, too: Even with Wilkins, Hunt, Baker and Howard, there was no indication that this team — as currently composed — was good enough to beat the Patrick Mahomes-led Chiefs.

So if you were going to judge this rebuild by whether they make a Super Bowl, then the blame lies primarily with not finding a generational quarterback. But don’t get me started on how they mishandled the 2019 tank."
Really good point. Everyone is chasing KC. Even with a wide receiver group that PFF rated 28th (I believe), Mahomes still managed to win a super bowl. Obviously, the Chiefs defense was very good.

With a talented group of wide receivers in this draft, KC stands to improve their weakness. So, the chasers need to get better as well.

That, of course, includes almost half the AFC. The AFC is loaded.

I don’t think Wilkins , Gink, Jones, Elliot, and Hunts talent outweighs who we’ve brought in.
Well, I do think the smart teams find ways to keep players like Wilkins. But we'll see. I think the linebackers could be better. I'm okay with losing Hunt. Agree with most posters that $20 million is a huge overpay for a guard.

Brooks and Van Ginkel's contract are nearly equal. That one's interesting. But Brooks is better against the run.

There's currently a huge hole at DT, though. I'm interested to see how Grier replaces Wilkins. I'm hoping it all works out.

I do like the salary cap situation for 2025 and the possibility of signing some of our own...Phillips, Holland, Waddle etc.

Well, I do think the smart teams find ways to keep players like Wilkins. But we'll see. I think the linebackers could be better. I'm okay with losing Hunt. Agree with most posters that $20 million is a huge overpay for a guard.

Brooks and Van Ginkel's contract are nearly equal. That one's interesting. But Brooks is better against the run.

There's currently a huge hole at DT, though. I'm interested to see how Grier replaces Wilkins. I'm hoping it all works out.

I do like the salary cap situation for 2025 and the possibility of signing some of our own...Phillips, Holland, Waddle etc.
Agree on on principle, through Brooks is Bakers replacement(cheaper and better)

Disagree on Wilkins. He is the exact type of FA that never lives up to his contract. Just Like Suh. Almost record setting money for a non record setting player. Love the guy but he isn’t better than Madubuke , yet he’s making 3 m AAV more than him. I think he’s the type of player you let walk in FA. Especially if you have better people at better positions like our WR/FS/ Edge

There are some good points, particularly about the look ahead to 2025. There's work to be done, but Wilkins is still the biggest gut punch for me.
I loved Wilkins but the reality is the Dolphins won zero playoff games with him.

I appreciated the positive post but the OP was the individual who pointed out that he was posting a positive review of the Dolphins. Since he knows that the vast majority of his posts regarding the Dolphins are negative.

He should have just posted the comments from Barry Jackson without pointing out that he was posting a positive
post and just left it at that.
Yeah, it was a "trumpish" move in hind sight

Agree on on principle, through Brooks is Bakers replacement(cheaper and better)

Disagree on Wilkins. He is the exact type of FA that never lives up to his contract. Just Like Suh. Almost record setting money for a non record setting player. Love the guy but he isn’t better than Madubuke , yet he’s making 3 m AAV more than him. I think he’s the type of player you let walk in FA. Especially if you have better people at better positions like our WR/FS/ Edge
It's a fair argument. I think Jones is definitely better than Wilkins. Not sure Madubuke is? Maybe that's just my Dolphin colored glasses.

But very telling to me that both those teams kept their DT stars. Baltimore and Kansas City don't make many personnel mistakes. I do realize Miami was in a different salary cap situation.

At least Grier looks prepared and like he has a plan. I'm willing to see how it transpires. I definitely remain hopeful and don't mean for this to be viewed negatively.

We ain't going no where next year. Still have KC on who should be better and Baltimore got better. Plus I do believe Jets will be good as well the Bengals with Burrows. Pittsburgh improved as well. I feel ATM with the players lost and the players gained we declined as a team. Not over with yet. But I feel this ATM.

We ain't going no where next year. Still have KC on who should be better and Baltimore got better. Plus I do believe Jets will be good as well the Bengals with Burrows. Pittsburgh improved as well. I feel ATM with the players lost and the players gained we declined as a team. Not over with yet. But I feel this ATM.
Wait, so are you trying to tell us you’re going to the ATM?

I hope we get at least two out of three, because two out of three eight at combining our eight
This is only true in a perfect world, all teams have to deal with injuries weather and quite frankly good luck. Sometimes we can be so absolute here but that is hardly ever the case. Add: neck even scheduling can be either adverse or an advantage. Basically this is what makes life interesting :-)

Agree with this as of mid March. Of course, we still have the draft, so a lot can change. Plus, the second wave of free agency. Not sure Miami will do much more in free agency, though.

Back
Top Bottom