Barry Jackson Update on Vonta Leach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Update on Vonta Leach

You can't sign a contract effective pending a physical?

ETA; Just found the answer. Both sides can agree in principal to the contract, pending a physical. So, essentially the deal could get done,
He/us/they don't really care that much about getting the deal done is my guess. And again, I'm sure a big part of it is he doesn't want to go through TC.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I've heard multiple veterans say, well after they were away from a game they've used contract negotiations to stay out
of camp. Strahan was one of them, and he was pretty good at what he did.

Yeah, I hear you and it has been done. Philbin isn't having that here. We have a young team who cannot afford to have players coming in when they feel they want too. I'm pretty sure Leech will get that. And if he doesn't, move on. We'll be fine either way. Better with him but, fine either way. The Giants were an older team, coming off a super bowl win and Strahan is one of the greatest to do it. Name me another player who gets to skip TC, besides stars like Bret Favre? leech isn't on that level and he won't get to skip training camp here. Do you think Philbin is having that?

I suspect when the smoke clears, the Ravens will successfully find a way to make at least a competitive offer knowing that if he had his druthers, that's where he wants to be.

Agreed. The Ravens had a Super Bowl Roster decimated. I'm sure they are going to do all they can to try and keep it as in tact as possible moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom