Baylor Vs. UCLA Bowl Game:Terrance Williams, Joseph Fauria | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baylor Vs. UCLA Bowl Game:Terrance Williams, Joseph Fauria

Fauria is a match-up nightmare, but he does play soft. I'm curious how his game will translate to the NFL.

I love Franklin, but his line is a mess right now. He can't do anything.

Terrence Williams is very intriguing. He has good size, nice body control and very good long speed, but his route tree is limited in this offense (mostly go routes, slants and curls) so it's hard to predict how good of a route runner he truly is.

[video=youtube;a4xazpvM4TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a4xazpvM4TQ[/video]

i know its the only the lowly CU Buffs but Fauria was making good blocks upfield extending plays. downfield blocks are one thing that can lead to explosive plays, this guy looks like he can really tie up defenders with his arms and general size for the split second long enough to turn a tackle or decelleration into a breakaway run. read option boot with tannehill running behind this guy sounds exciting for 3rd down conversions at key points in games. this praise is contingent upon him having baller ball skills and utilizing his catch radius to dominate the physical space between the defender and the ball. Lets not forget that Haynos was even taller, but was a total spaz out there on the field. I'll have to do more research because TE is a position i think we could target for the right player

Fauria looks like a giant, slow WR. I don't think he could block guys at the next level.

Fauria is a match-up nightmare, but he does play soft. I'm curious how his game will translate to the NFL.

Terrence Williams is very intriguing. He has good size, nice body control and very good long speed, but his route tree is limited in this offense (mostly go routes, slants and curls) so it's hard to predict how good of a route runner he truly is.

To my eyes, both Fauria and Terrence Williams play soft.

There's no getting around that Fauria is a bad blocker or at the best inconsistent. But there's a difference between that an "playing soft".

As of right now, with us prolly picking at 17-20 (I'm not sure exactly where they have us yet) would anyone be excited to take a TE in the first like fauria? I think having a stud TE is exactly what tanny needs.

As of right now, with us prolly picking at 17-20 (I'm not sure exactly where they have us yet) would anyone be excited to take a TE in the first like fauria? I think having a stud TE is exactly what tanny needs.

I don't think anybody is suggesting we take him in the first. Merely that he might be an option for us later in the draft.

exactly...that guys game is awfully finesse...he gets down the field in a hurry but the guy doesn't hand fight and use his body to box out smaller defenders...and while i like what he can do at that size in the red zone there's also the part that when the balls in the air in that area he doesn't come down with balls he should cause he just won't physically dominate anyone...it's frustrating as heck...can't tell you how many times i've seen him go up on a ball above his head that he should come down with and because he plays more like a finesse wr than a physical mismatch te the ball gets knocked away or out of his hands...and in line as a blocker yikes...

he doesn't hand fight coming out of his cuts in his routes either to create separation...this guys games as finesse as michael egnews if you ask me...kinda buyer beware if you ask me...not a top 3 round guy for me...too soft

franklin like you guys said is a better player than he showed yesterday...although he may be ticketed for a 3rd down back role in the pros...

williams is intriguing...for a big body he can get vertical and separate...he'll use his hands also to get off coverage...very interesting guy to watch senior bowl week...i'm getting more and more comfortable with him

I wouldn't mind seeing Terrence Williams in a Dolphin's Uniform. He's been awesome this year. He might be soft, but he sure can make plays down the field!!!

Back
Top Bottom