BCS just got turned on its head | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS just got turned on its head

Conference championships give you an auto-bid to non-football tournaments. Last time I checked, the SEC West isn't a conference. Good god, you really are an SEC megahonk.

As you are a fool....LSU or Bama would beat the Cowboys by three touchdowns.Did you even watch that crap team Oklahoma lay down for Ok.St?
The BCS,like it or hate it..is about putting the two best teams in the title game..They got it right.
A nat'l title contender doesn't lose to a 25 point underdog...fact

As you are a fool....LSU or Bama would beat the Cowboys by three touchdowns.Did you even watch that crap team Oklahoma lay down for Ok.St?
The BCS,like it or hate it..is about putting the two best teams in the title game..They got it right.
A nat'l title contender doesn't lose to a 25 point underdog...fact

Haven't found a team yet that played for a national title after losing to a .500 team, and I went all the way back to 1943.

The SEC has been playing in conference championship games in order to get into the national championship game for 2 decades while other conferences (Big-10, Pac-10, etc.) were getting in without having to play the extra game.

Strange how it's different all of the sudden since Alabama didn't get to play in the SEC title game.

I don't remember Notre Dame playing in any conference championship games... what about you Namor?

The two best teams should play for the national championship, period. The only way Oklahoma St. should be voted above Bama is if that person believes Oklahoma St. is the better team. That's not possible if they've watched as much football as they think they have.

We'll find out when the coaches votes are made public in the final coach's poll.

Conference championships have never been relevant in the BCS, that's not what it's designed for. It's designed to get the two best teams in the country playing in the title game. Those were the rules when everyone started playing at the beginning of the season, (and every season before in the BCS era) so you can't change them all of the sudden in favor of a 'matchup'.

I'm not sure what 'matchups' has to do with anything. How many more times do people need to see Big-12 offenses flailing away helplessly against SEC defenses...

Everyone seems to love the playoff format of the NCAA basketball tourney... Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tournament. Again, conference championships are irrelevant in any playoff system in any sport, the BCS should be no different.

The +1 scenario is fine, but if people are against a rematch just for the sake of not seeing an LSU/Bama rematch, it's absurd..nor can they be pining for a playoff in the same breath. It'll only increase the number of rematches you see in the championship game.

We were having rematches in the national title game before the BCS ever existed.

And here's how the coaches voted...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-final-coaches-ballots/51647436/1

One of the most interesting things there is that Gene Chizik (Bama's arch-rival) voted Alabama #2. Apparently even he understands that a team that lost to the players he recruited at Iowa St. doesn't deserve to be playing for a national title.

This whole Oklahoma St. thing was nothing more than a media creation. Stanford has a better claim to the #2 spot than Okie St. A loss to Oregon vs. a loss to Iowa St? That's not close in any realm of reality... but we all digress I suppose....

BCS got it right again.

The BCS is like a cat. You can take it and toss it wildly in the air, but it will land on its feet.

The job of the BCS is to give you the two best teams in the country and here we have it.

LSU v. Alabama

trent richardson will now win the heisman...
I think he deserves it...but I feel he'll catch some backlash from people thinking Bama shouldn't be in the title game.
I hope he wins it.

I think he deserves it...but I feel he'll catch some backlash from people thinking Bama shouldn't be in the title game.
I hope he wins it.

i think he wins it simply because he was this years best player,but we will see...

And here's how the coaches voted...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-final-coaches-ballots/51647436/1

One of the most interesting things there is that Gene Chizik (Bama's arch-rival) voted Alabama #2. Apparently even he understands that a team that lost to the players he recruited at Iowa St. doesn't deserve to be playing for a national title.

This whole Oklahoma St. thing was nothing more than a media creation. Stanford has a better claim to the #2 spot than Okie St. A loss to Oregon vs. a loss to Iowa St? That's not close in any realm of reality... but we all digress I suppose....

Or he hasn't played ok. state and only goes on what he has seen up close. Any bama fan is going to think it's right, and any ok state fan is going to think it's wrong. And most people without ties will be split.

Or he hasn't played ok. state and only goes on what he has seen up close. Any bama fan is going to think it's right, and any ok state fan is going to think it's wrong. And most people without ties will be split.

Not according to the coaches who voted... it was a landslide in favor of Alabama.

I fail to understand why anyone is even surprised... I said it numerous, numerous times leading up to the November matchup between LSU and Alabama that "this is the national championship game"...

These are the two best teams in the country and it's not nearly as close as the "SEC fatigued" media in certain parts of the country would lead you to believe.

I knew these were the two best teams in the country after the first month of the season.

Furthermore, the SEC already proposed a +1 playoff scenario in 2008 in order to avoid this EXACT scenario. The Big-12 wanted no part of it.

They made their own bed in all this. Time to lay in it.

Back
Top Bottom