#3. Arkansas (10-1)

#4. Oklahoma State (10-1)

#5. Virginia Tech (10-1)

#6. Stanford (10-1)

#7. Boise State (9-1)

#8. Houston (11-0)

#9. Oklahoma (8-2)

#10. Oregon (9-2)

God...the SEC west is bad a**..we should should start our own league.

Sorry but the same argument in 2006 applies here. If you don't win your conference you shouldn't be playing in the National Championship. Bama has no business playing in it. None. Zip. Zero.

But if the goal is to get the two best teams in the country to play eachother, LSU and Bama should be the game, as of tonight. Why should the 2nd best team in the country not play for the National Championship just because they lost the conference to the #1 team? Assuming they win both out, Bamas only loss would be to LSU and no other team can top that. Is it not possible that the two best teams in CFB play in the same conference?

I'm rooting for Auburn and Arkansas. Not because I dislike LSU or Bama, but I enjoy when the BCS is proven too be extremely flawed. Funny thing though, Only two of Arkansas, Bama, LSU, and even Georgia will make a BCS bowl due to the 2 per conference rule. So let's say LSU goes undefeated into the SEC championship game and then loses to Georgia in the SEC game. Well Georgia gets the automatic bid, and then only one of LSU, Bama, and Arkansas will get an at large.

Sorry but the same argument in 2006 applies here. If you don't win your conference you shouldn't be playing in the National Championship. Bama has no business playing in it. None. Zip. Zero.

So you're saying if LSU loses to Georgia, Oregon loses to UCLA, Virginia Tech loses to Clemson, Oklahoma St. loses to Oklahoma, then LSU, Bama, Oregon, Stanford, Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma St. should all be thrown out of the national championship picture because they didn't win their conference...

...leaving UCLA, Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan St., and Georgia as the teams to choose from for the national title game?

After today, OSU deserves to be #2.

If Bama can't beat LSU at home, then why would they beat LSU in New Orleans? They had their shot and blew it. Too bad.

After today, OSU deserves to be #2.

As much as I rather see Weeden and that Oklahoma State offense get a crack at LSU, I think Bama is the better team. Oklahoma St. dug this grave themselves by losing to a 6-6 Iowa State team.

Bama plays in a tougher conference and their loss was against the #1 team in the country (a game you can argue they outplayed LSU).

However after that performance OSU put up, I do think it isn't open and shut as it was before today. Before today I think people penned in LSU/Bama . . . even with a LSU loss. Now I think alot of people came away impressed with the way Oklahoma St. manhandled the Sooners.

If Bama can't beat LSU at home, then why would they beat LSU in New Orleans? They had their shot and blew it. Too bad.

In a game where Bama missed how many FGs? How many close plays? They outplayed LSU in that game, they just couldn't capitalize on just ONE play.

OSU lost to Iowa State . . . what makes you think they have a chance against LSU in the N.O.? They certainly had their chance and they blew it.

A +1 would be ideal right about now.

LSU vs. Stanford
Bama vs. OSU

winners would play each other for the title.

As much as I rather see Weeden and that Oklahoma State offense get a crack at LSU, I think Bama is the better team. Oklahoma St. dug this grave themselves by losing to a 6-6 Iowa State team.

Bama plays in a tougher conference and their loss was against the #1 team in the country (a game you can argue they outplayed LSU).

However after that performance OSU put up, I do think it isn't open and shut as it was before today. Before today I think people penned in LSU/Bama . . . even with a LSU loss. Now I think alot of people came away impressed with the way Oklahoma St. manhandled the Sooners.

Bama may be better, but OSU has the better resume after this week. 1 loss, and that came after a tragedy at the school. More top 25 wins than Bama. More top 50 wins than Bama. A blowout conference championship win.

They deserve it IMO.

Bama may be better, but OSU has the better resume after this week. 1 loss, and that came after a tragedy at the school. More top 25 wins than Bama. More top 50 wins than Bama. A blowout conference championship win.

They deserve it IMO.

This 'trajedy' excuse for Oklahoma St. has become an utterly disgraceful talking point. They didn't seem to be bothered by the 'trajedy' when they were busy building a 24-7 lead in the 3rd quarter on Iowa St. Furthermore, Oklahoma St. had the option of moving that game to Saturday, but CHOSE to go ahead and play it.

I doubt any of those football players could identify that women's basketball coach in a lineup even if they had to. I didn't hear any excuses for Arkansas after one of their players died tragically.

Aaron Douglas, Alabama's starting left tackle died this summer. Almost an entire section of the city of Tuscaloosa was whiped off the map on April 27th.

The bottom line is Oklahoma St. lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog. Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country in overtime by a field goal.

Those two losses cannot carry the same weight.

On top of it, Oklahoma is awful. Texas Tech was beating them 31-7 in Norman. Speaking of tragedy, Oklahoma's starting MLB also died this summer... along with being without all of their best players (Ryan Broyles, Ronnell Lewis, etc.)

Oklahoma St. wouldn't be conference champions if they played in the SEC West.... nor does the Big-12 even have to play a conference championship game this year due to not having enough teams.

This 'trajedy' excuse for Oklahoma St. has become an utterly disgraceful talking point. They didn't seem to be bothered by the 'trajedy' when they were busy building a 24-7 lead in the 3rd quarter on Iowa St. Furthermore, Oklahoma St. had the option of moving that game to Saturday, but CHOSE to go ahead and play it.

I doubt any of those football players could identify that women's basketball coach in a lineup even if they had to. I didn't hear any excuses for Arkansas after one of their players died tragically.

Aaron Douglas, Alabama's starting left tackle died this summer. Almost an entire section of the city of Tuscaloosa was whiped off the map on April 27th.

The bottom line is Oklahoma St. lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog. Alabama lost to the #1 team in the country in overtime by a field goal.

Those two losses cannot carry the same weight.

On top of it, Oklahoma is awful. Texas Tech was beating them 31-7 in Norman. Speaking of tragedy, Oklahoma's starting MLB also died this summer... along with being without all of their best players (Ryan Broyles, Ronnell Lewis, etc.)

Oklahoma St. wouldn't be conference champions if they played in the SEC West.... nor does the Big-12 even have to play a conference championship game this year due to not having enough teams.

Cant really disagree with anything in that post, but Id still rather see OSU than the Bama re-run. Bama is possibly the better team, but OSU does have more wins over ranked opponents...their resume is just (IMO) better. Maybe Im biased because of the matchup Id personally rather see, but Im pulling for OSU to land at #2.

On the other hand, if OSU and Bama played next week, Bama are heavy favorites. I can definitely see both sides to this. I wont be really mad either way. This year is just proving why we need a +1 system IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant really disagree with anything in that post, but Id still rather see OSU than the Bama re-run. Bama is possibly the better team, but OSU does have more wins over ranked opponents...their resume is just (IMO) better. Maybe Im biased because of the matchup Id personally rather see, but Im pulling for OSU to land at #2.

On the other hand, if OSU and Bama played next week, Bama are heavy favorites. I can definitely see both sides to this. I wont be really mad either way. This year is just proving why we need a +1 system IMO.

The two best teams should play for the national championship, period. The only way Oklahoma St. should be voted above Bama is if that person believes Oklahoma St. is the better team. That's not possible if they've watched as much football as they think they have.

We'll find out when the coaches votes are made public in the final coach's poll.

Conference championships have never been relevant in the BCS, that's not what it's designed for. It's designed to get the two best teams in the country playing in the title game. Those were the rules when everyone started playing at the beginning of the season, (and every season before in the BCS era) so you can't change them all of the sudden in favor of a 'matchup'.

I'm not sure what 'matchups' has to do with anything. How many more times do people need to see Big-12 offenses flailing away helplessly against SEC defenses...

Everyone seems to love the playoff format of the NCAA basketball tourney... Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tournament. Again, conference championships are irrelevant in any playoff system in any sport, the BCS should be no different.

The +1 scenario is fine, but if people are against a rematch just for the sake of not seeing an LSU/Bama rematch, it's absurd..nor can they be pining for a playoff in the same breath. It'll only increase the number of rematches you see in the championship game.

We were having rematches in the national title game before the BCS ever existed.

Everyone seems to love the playoff format of the NCAA basketball tourney... Bama won the SEC West in basketball last year and got left out of the tournament. Again, conference championships are irrelevant in any playoff system in any sport, the BCS should be no different.

The +1 scenario is fine, but if people are against a rematch just for the sake of not seeing an LSU/Bama rematch, it's absurd..nor can they be pining for a playoff in the same breath. It'll only increase the number of rematches you see in the championship game.

We were having rematches in the national title game before the BCS ever existed.
Conference championships give you an auto-bid to non-football tournaments. Last time I checked, the SEC West isn't a conference. Good god, you really are an SEC megahonk.

Back
Top Bottom