BCS scenarios as season winds down | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS scenarios as season winds down

Makes me want to just drop my pants and **** right here in public knowing that I have to root for Notre Dame tonight.

Go **** yourself, Florida State.
:sidelol:

Gator Bait!!

clear.gif

Florida State does blow hard dont they. Who did they even beat this year that was worth a ****? How were they one of the teams at the beginning of the year that the so called experts figured to be so good?

Well its Notre Dame vs. the SEC champion for all the marbles.

If its Bama......

If you took a team and had them play the same schedule Notre Dame played and had the exact same results, they would likely be a double digit underdog vs. Bama. But, because its Notre Dame on the jerseys, it will effect the spread.

As most gamblers know, the spread is made to try and get equal action on both sides, its not the odds makers perception of who is the better team and by how much. A lot of casual bettors will take Notre Dame. This is great for those of us with a learning curve because it will keep the line lower than what it should be.

One day, people may get it through their heads that the SEC dominates the title game. 6 in a row isnt enough to convince some people. A lot of morons will buy into the huge amount of hype ND will get over the next month and a half. This will make the spread several points lower than what it would be if any other team in the exact circumstance were playing in the game. Im guessing something like Bama -7.5. There will be a lot of smaller bets placed on ND by the casual fans and the huge ND fanbase. There may be less bets on Bama, but larger wagers than those placed on ND.

I dont see how ND scores in this matchup. 20 points for Bama should be enough to cover any non double digit spread. If Bama were to get some turnovers, they could wind up with a lot more than 20 points. Even if ND dosent turn it over, Bama should be able to score enough to cover. I cant wait to get money down on this game.

Well its Notre Dame vs. the SEC champion for all the marbles.

If its Bama......

If you took a team and had them play the same schedule Notre Dame played and had the exact same results, they would likely be a double digit underdog vs. Bama. But, because its Notre Dame on the jerseys, it will effect the spread.

As most gamblers know, the spread is made to try and get equal action on both sides, its not the odds makers perception of who is the better team and by how much. A lot of casual bettors will take Notre Dame. This is great for those of us with a learning curve because it will keep the line lower than what it should be.

One day, people may get it through their heads that the SEC dominates the title game. 6 in a row isnt enough to convince some people. A lot of morons will buy into the huge amount of hype ND will get over the next month and a half. This will make the spread several points lower than what it would be if any other team in the exact circumstance were playing in the game. Im guessing something like Bama -7.5. There will be a lot of smaller bets placed on ND by the casual fans and the huge ND fanbase. There may be less bets on Bama, but larger wagers than those placed on ND.

I dont see how ND scores in this matchup. 20 points for Bama should be enough to cover any non double digit spread. If Bama were to get some turnovers, they could wind up with a lot more than 20 points. Even if ND dosent turn it over, Bama should be able to score enough to cover. I cant wait to get money down on this game.

Totally agree except youre seem to be writing off Georgia. If Murray shows up and has a great game, who the **** knows whats going to happen there. If GA pulls out the W somehow, the betting dynmaics change considerably IMO.

Totally agree except youre seem to be writing off Georgia. If Murray shows up and has a great game, who the **** knows whats going to happen there. If GA pulls out the W somehow, the betting dynmaics change considerably IMO.

No question. Thats why I said IF Bama gets in. Georgia is definately good enough to win the SEC championship game. Not many people want them to win at this point though. Knowing how money hungry the BCS and NCAA is though, Ive got a feeling the refs will be on Bama's side if need be.

Well I'm not too bummed about ND beating USC. I didn't think USC realistically had a shot at winning that game anyway. If Barkley was playing I might have gotten my hopes up.

But with the way our last two season have gone I will gladly take an 11-1 record against what was easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation and a spot in the Sugar Bowl. Georgia should be very thankful the SEC allowed them to avoid Bama, LSU, and A&M in the regular season.

But winning that Sugar Bowl would be some serious momentum going into next season. We're losing some really good players like Bostic and Gillislee, but with Jones breaking out against FSU last night and Fred Taylor's kid coming in next year who's a total stud our backfield will be deep as hell so losing Gilislee won't hurt all that bad. If most of our juniors come back next year this team will be dangerous.

Well I'm not too bummed about ND beating USC. I didn't think USC realistically had a shot at winning that game anyway. If Barkley was playing I might have gotten my hopes up.

But with the way our last two season have gone I will gladly take an 11-1 record against what was easily one of the toughest schedules in the nation and a spot in the Sugar Bowl. Georgia should be very thankful the SEC allowed them to avoid Bama, LSU, and A&M in the regular season.

But winning that Sugar Bowl would be some serious momentum going into next season. We're losing some really good players like Bostic and Gillislee, but with Jones breaking out against FSU last night and Fred Taylor's kid coming in next year who's a total stud our backfield will be deep as hell so losing Gilislee won't hurt all that bad. If most of our juniors come back next year this team will be dangerous.

Kind of sucks,tho....I wanted a two SEC team BSC championship game again...just to piss off the rest of the country again

It's harder to win the SEC Championship than it is to win the national title. That's just the way it is.

Whoever wins the SEC has got to be at least a 14 point favorite and it wouldn't surprise me if it was substantially higher.

Just for the sake of argument:
How far would Notre Dame go in an 8 team playoff?

A team can always go far with a defense like that. Notre Dame is a team that tends to play up to the level of their competition.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time... don't underestimate the element of a team's chemistry. The Irish have that going for 'em.

When you get to biggest games on the biggest stages where the pressure is highest, they aren't won on talent. They're won by execution. The team that executes will win every time.

This will be the case in the SEC title game and the national championship.

A team can always go far with a defense like that. Notre Dame is a team that tends to play up to the level of their competition.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time... don't underestimate the element of a team's chemistry. The Irish have that going for 'em.

When you get to biggest games on the biggest stages where the pressure is highest, they aren't won on talent. They're won by execution. The team that executes will win every time.

This will be the case in the SEC title game and the national championship.
FYI, I'm making your fight song my ringtone this week.

Back
Top Bottom