Bcs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bcs

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK, WHY is everyone saying "the BCS FINALLY got it right"? The BCS didn't get anything right, common sense got it right. USC and Texas were number 1 and 2 respectively all year, plus they were the only two remaining undefeated teams, if they DIDN'T make the Rose Bowl the BCS would have been crucified. You can't really say the BCS got it right. Them getting it right would have been if VT or another team were undefeated in the end and then the BCS got the two teams that should be there there. The BCS didn't get anything right or "finally work" this year by putting the two most obvious, no-brainer choices in the Rose Bowl.

they got it right because texas and USC wouldn't have played each other in a bowl game without the BCS

kastofsna120 said:
they got it right because texas and USC wouldn't have played each other in a bowl game without the BCS

They got it right be default

there is no conceivable way they could have messed it up

if there were no BCS, USC would be playing penn state (prbly a better game anyway), and texas would be where....the orange bowl?

kastofsna120 said:

I wasn't talking if there weren't a BCS, I'm talking about the fact that the BCS didn't get anything right, it has the #1 team vs the #2 team playing for the title, which is exactly how it should be, you can't screw that up this year, it's pretty clear cut who the #1 and #2 are. Everytime there are 3 undefeateds or only 1 undefeated the BCS seems to go all screwy, yet when it's obvious who it will be and the BCS names them suddenly its praised.

Agent51 said:
I wasn't talking if there weren't a BCS, I'm talking about the fact that the BCS didn't get anything right, it has the #1 team vs the #2 team playing for the title, which is exactly how it should be, you can't screw that up this year, it's pretty clear cut who the #1 and #2 are. Everytime there are 3 undefeateds or only 1 undefeated the BCS seems to go all screwy, yet when it's obvious who it will be and the BCS names them suddenly its praised.

i agree

for instance I thought LSU and Auburn were better teams than USC the last two years but they never got a shot, LSU was co champion but thats not really justice to the system

well it got it right didn't it? you can't deny that, that's exactly what happened. the whole point of the BCS was to get the #1 and #2 team to play each other, and that's what happened. so.....it worked. HAD WE NOT HAD THE BCS, we'd be where we were before 1998

kastofsna120 said:
well it got it right didn't it? you can't deny that, that's exactly what happened. the whole point of the BCS was to get the #1 and #2 team to play each other, and that's what happened. so.....it worked. HAD WE NOT HAD THE BCS, we'd be where we were before 1998

also true

Actually I take back what i said about LSU and Auburn being better than USC the last 2 years, I think they should have played for the national championship the last 2 years

LSU vs USC

and

Auburn vs USC

those would have been true bowl games not the stupid games they put oklahoma in

kastofsna120 said:

Yes, they did get it completely right, but my enitre point is there was absolutely no reason they SHOULDN'T have this year, so in a year where it's cut and dry basically from the get-go who should be in the Rose Bowl everyone praises the BCS all of the sudden. If we finished with 3 undefeateds or only 1 undefeated and a bunch of one loss teams, or even NO undefeateds and a bunch of 1 loss teams you can be DAMN sure someone would be getting screwed by the BCS and the writers and fans would be going off about how it sucks and we need a playoff, but because it's right this year, when there were no variable to give it a CHANCE to screw up, everyone loves it, THAT is what's BS.

Agent51 said:
Yes, they did get it completely right, but my enitre point is there was absolutely no reason they SHOULDN'T have this year, so in a year where it's cut and dry basically from the get-go who should be in the Rose Bowl everyone praises the BCS all of the sudden. If we finished with 3 undefeateds or only 1 undefeated and a bunch of one loss teams, or even NO undefeateds and a bunch of 1 loss teams you can be DAMN sure someone would be getting screwed by the BCS and the writers and fans would be going off about how it sucks and we need a playoff, but because it's right this year, when there were no variable to give it a CHANCE to screw up, everyone loves it, THAT is what's BS.

if there is 3 undefeated teams, and the top 2 go to the National Championship, how is that a screw up by the BCS?

wasnt USC-Oklahoma 1 & 2 before the national championship last year?

But Auburn was better than Oklahoma

tylerdolphin said:
But Auburn was better than Oklahoma

no one knew that at the time though. its easy to look back on it after Oklahoma got the **** kicked out of them. if we as people couldnt see that Auburn was better than oklahoma, how the hell is a computer suppose to?

remember the year before? when everyone was asking "is oklahoma the best team EVER?" then they lost to k-state and LSU. that was funny

Nappy Roots said:
no one knew that at the time though. its easy to look back on it after Oklahoma got the **** kicked out of them. if we as people couldnt see that Auburn was better than oklahoma, how the hell is a computer suppose to?

Last year i thought auburn was better than usc imo

Back
Top Bottom